One nice thing about the internet is it offers opportunities to help others, even if you don’t have the money to donate. One of my new favorite sites is called “Free Rice” and it not only enables you to donate free food (the rice) but it lets you build your vocabulary at the same time.
The basic idea is you are presented with a word and four possible meanings. When you pick the correct meaning, the site donates 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program. Now, by itself 20 grains of rice isn’t a lot. But the idea is the more you play and the more other people play, the bigger the donation. So when you have a few free minutes during the day, such as when you’re on IM or Twitter or something like that, pull up the site and play a few rounds. You learn and people get to eat.
To quote Martha Stewart…”It’s a good thing.”
While you’re at it, here are some of my other favorite daily visits where all you have to do is click a button and the advertisers sponsor the donations:
Are there any I’m missing that are faves of yours? Let me know in the comments. Otherwise, get to clicking already… LOL
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017