One nice thing about the internet is it offers opportunities to help others, even if you don’t have the money to donate. One of my new favorite sites is called “Free Rice” and it not only enables you to donate free food (the rice) but it lets you build your vocabulary at the same time.
The basic idea is you are presented with a word and four possible meanings. When you pick the correct meaning, the site donates 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program. Now, by itself 20 grains of rice isn’t a lot. But the idea is the more you play and the more other people play, the bigger the donation. So when you have a few free minutes during the day, such as when you’re on IM or Twitter or something like that, pull up the site and play a few rounds. You learn and people get to eat.
To quote Martha Stewart…”It’s a good thing.”
While you’re at it, here are some of my other favorite daily visits where all you have to do is click a button and the advertisers sponsor the donations:
Are there any I’m missing that are faves of yours? Let me know in the comments. Otherwise, get to clicking already… LOL
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017