One nice thing about the internet is it offers opportunities to help others, even if you don’t have the money to donate. One of my new favorite sites is called “Free Rice” and it not only enables you to donate free food (the rice) but it lets you build your vocabulary at the same time.
The basic idea is you are presented with a word and four possible meanings. When you pick the correct meaning, the site donates 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program. Now, by itself 20 grains of rice isn’t a lot. But the idea is the more you play and the more other people play, the bigger the donation. So when you have a few free minutes during the day, such as when you’re on IM or Twitter or something like that, pull up the site and play a few rounds. You learn and people get to eat.
To quote Martha Stewart…”It’s a good thing.”
While you’re at it, here are some of my other favorite daily visits where all you have to do is click a button and the advertisers sponsor the donations:
Are there any I’m missing that are faves of yours? Let me know in the comments. Otherwise, get to clicking already… LOL
- Netflix May 2017 Additions and Departures - April 24, 2017
- U.S. Virgin Islands Offers $300 to Visitors to Celebrate 2017 Centennial - April 17, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Drops First Trailer at Star Wars Celebration Orlando #SWCO - April 14, 2017
- I’m Going to Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando!! #SWCO - April 10, 2017
- Celebrate Smurfs The Lost Village Movie with My Smurf Float Recipe + Win a Smurftastic Prize Package! #SmurfsMovie #RWM #ad - April 2, 2017
- Netflix April 2017 Additions and Departures - March 27, 2017
- Movie Review: The Belko Experiment Mixes Horror and Comedy in an Extremely Bad Day at the Office - March 20, 2017
- #CookingWithCabot and #SundaySupper for a Cheesy Good Day - March 13, 2017
- Netflix March 2017 Additions and Departures - March 1, 2017
- Learning about Child Safety in Vehicles with Nissan and Bloggin’ Mamas in Miami #NissanMamas - February 27, 2017