I’ve always been fascinated with the planet Saturn. Ever since I first learned about it in school, I always thought it was cool that it had the rings around it and it just seemed to giant and majestic.
This week, NASA released some recent photos taken from the Cassini robotic explorer earlier this year, during the planet’s equinox when the sun shone directly on equator. Here is the composite photo showing the entire planet:
How beautiful is that, eh? I think it’s absolutely gorgeous. I wish we were more progressed that I could actually see Saturn first hand, but I know that will never happen in my lifetime. One never to cross of my bucket list, as it were. But at least through this space photography, I can still experience the real-life beauty of this planet.
Thank you NASA!
- This is Just a Short Hiatus…I’ll be Back in December - November 18, 2015
- Book Review: The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs - September 16, 2015
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa Debuts New Signature Restaurant and Adult Pool - September 11, 2015
- Enter to Win a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Star Destroyer Strike Game #ForceFriday - September 4, 2015
- I’m Going to Mars! Or at Least My Name Is… #JourneytoMars - September 4, 2015
- Got a 4th Grader? Get a Free National Park Pass for the Family - September 3, 2015
- The Force Awakens Worldwide as Star Wars Launches Global Toy Unboxing Event Today! - September 2, 2015
- My August 2015 in Review: Blogger Bashes, Charity Events, Restaurant Openings and Concerts - September 1, 2015
- Fear The Walking Dead Debuts With 10+ Million But Was It Worth the Hype? - August 24, 2015
- A Conversation with John Corabi of The Dead Daisies - August 22, 2015