I’ve always been fascinated with the planet Saturn. Ever since I first learned about it in school, I always thought it was cool that it had the rings around it and it just seemed to giant and majestic.
This week, NASA released some recent photos taken from the Cassini robotic explorer earlier this year, during the planet’s equinox when the sun shone directly on equator. Here is the composite photo showing the entire planet:
How beautiful is that, eh? I think it’s absolutely gorgeous. I wish we were more progressed that I could actually see Saturn first hand, but I know that will never happen in my lifetime. One never to cross of my bucket list, as it were. But at least through this space photography, I can still experience the real-life beauty of this planet.
Thank you NASA!
- Netflix October 2016 Additions and Departures - September 27, 2016
- Movie Review: The Magnificent Seven (2016) - September 24, 2016
- Book Review: After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson - September 18, 2016
- Book Review: Salem’s Cipher by Jess Lourey - September 13, 2016
- Canada’s National Parks Go Fee Free for 2017 - September 10, 2016
- Book Review: The Hatching by Ezekiel Boone - September 6, 2016
- Netflix September 2016 Additions and Departures - August 31, 2016
- Movie Review: #Horror (2015) - July 25, 2016
- Book Review: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - July 22, 2016
- Movie Review: Scout’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2016) - July 15, 2016