Sunday afternoon – a beautiful day in Orlando, I might add – I hopped in the car and headed over to the Orlando Science Center. It’s a really cool place, but I wasn’t there to see the exhibits. I was there to attend the very first meet-up of the Central Florida TBEX chapter.
TBEX stands for Travel Bloggers Exchange, and it is a web community where travel writers/bloggers can get together, share links, ask questions and basically serve as a support group for each other.
Well, Ben Reed of Adventures with Ben, decided to bring the online offline and form a local chapter of TBEX, to allow travel bloggers in Central Florida (actually any travel blogger passing through is welcome) to discuss the whole art (business?) of travel blogging.
I think towards the end, we got into a good discussion of how to get your blog more noticed, and how individually-produced travel blogs can compete with the huge corporate conglomerate blogs for readers.
After the meet-up, we gathered for a group photo (some members were MIA due to travels of their own) and then I checked out some exhibits on the way to pick up Rhonda from work.
This first meeting was a good one and I look forward to the next one in January. I’m hoping over time that we can grow into a cohesive enough of a unit that not only can we help each other out, but maybe even do some regional traveling together. Wouldn’t that be fun?
If you’re a travel blogger, you should join TBEX – it’s free and it’s nice to have a supportive group of people to bounce things off of. Make sure you sign up for the CFL TBEX group at that site, too.
The other bloggers attending can be found online at the links below:
- Active Explorer
- Cooney World Adventure
- The Good Travel Life
- The Itinerant Tightwad
- Places Around Florida
- Solo Travel Girl
- The Traveling Gringo
- Wanderlust and Lipstick
- What Boundaries
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017