Feb 13, 2011 contests/freebies
I don’t remember entering this contest, but somehow I seemed to have won a prize pack for the movie, The Rite, starring Anthony Hopkins.
Among the prizes were a long-sleeve shirt, a knit cap, a leather-bound notebook and a candle. There was also supposed to be an umbrella and a USB flash drive bracelet (according to the letter with it), but they were M.I.A.
The book is cool – it’ll be good to travel with for quick notes. The hat I’ll probably give away to someone, since I don’t wear hats. I might do the same with the shirt. And the candle is disgusting – it’s all black and smelly and it actually partially melted in transit, so it has the texture of sludge. I might try to scoop out the candle and use the votive glass for another candle.
I emailed about the missing items, though. I’d love the bracelet, as that would be great for traveling, too.
Feb 3, 2011 online humor
If you’ve read this blog for any length of time, you know I’m a humongous Star Wars geek. But even if you aren’t, you have to watch this new Volkswagen TV commercial. It is absolutely brilliant, and the kid just nails it at the end with his looks of amazement.
Best Volkswagen commercial ever.
I don’t just write here. I also contribute articles and posts elsewhere on the web. So in case you’ve missed any of them, I compile a monthly listing of all of the links.
Here are my January 2011 contributions to the written web universe:
- 6 Affordable Valentine’s 2011 Splurges in Las Vegas
- Nothing Says Total Romance like Jade Mountain on St. Lucia for Valentine’s Day
- Sexy Vegas Shows to Set the Mood for Valentine’s Day
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Dessert Under the Stars in Jacksonville Florida
- Howl at the Moon Says Love Sux on Valentine’s Weekend
- Have a Biramisu at the Portobello Restaurant at Walt Disney World
- The Drunkest Cities in America
- Need Super Bowl Tickets? Go See Lombardi on Broadway
- Otronicon 2011 at Orlando Science Center
- Fee-Free U.S. National Park Days in 2011
- Vision Airlines Starts Low Cost Flights to U.S. Gulf Coast
- Otronicon 2011 Brings Out the Gamers to the Orlando Science Center
- Walt Disney World Unveils More Plans for Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Says Let the Memories Begin with New Show at Magic Kingdom
During January, I also contributed tips on traveling to Paris on a budget that was first published on Canada.com.
I also contributed a guest post to Spunky Girl Monologues, entitled Rediscovering My Home Town with New Eyes.
If you like any of these articles, please pass the links via Twitter, Facebook, Stumble, etc. I’d appreciate the help! =)