Aug 3, 2011 friends and family
In your life, there are certain people who influence you. I’m lucky that two of my biggest influences were my mom and my gramma. They were both very strong and independent women and they raised me to be the same.
Today would have been my gramma’s 86th birthday and even though I lost her at Christmas in 2007, I still feel her presence and her influence in me every day.
Sometimes I think maybe I never told her I loved her as much as I should have, but that’s just because I have so much love for her I thought she could just see it in my eyes and feel it from my heart.
Gramma, wherever in the heavens you are, I just want to tell you again that I love you and I miss you being on earth with me.
Happy birthday gramma!
Aug 1, 2011 writing
I don’t just write here. I also contribute articles and posts elsewhere on the web. So in case you’ve missed any of them, I compile a monthly listing of all of the links.
Here are my July 2011 contributions to the written web universe:
This is my Orlando/Central Florida blog. I write everything here, just about, but these are a few story highlights.
- Lime’s Mexican Grill Serves Up Tasty Food in Dr. Phillips
- Walt Disney World to Cut Monorail System Operating Hours
- Hearst Networks Unveils New Classic TV Station in Orlando
- Dream Hotels Open in New York City and Miami in Time for Summer
- MGM Resorts in Las Vegas Offer Summer Block Party Packages
- Travel + Leisure Releases World’s Best Awards 2011 Reader’s Survey Results
- Gaylord Hotels Offer DreamWorks 2011 Holiday Package Fun for Whole Family
- 3 Sci-Fi Inspired Hotels to Rest Your Travel-Weary Body At
- 4 Places to Enjoy Dueling Pianos Entertainment in Orlando, Florida
- 5 End of Summer U.S. Music Fests Not to Miss for 2011
- Vegas Loses Both Divebar and Eve Nightclub
- Orlando Calling Music Festival Announced for November 2011
- Gallery Nightclub Trying to Heat Up Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas
- Emeril’s Orlando Offers Up Classy Upscale Happy Hour at Great Prices
- So How Does One Rack Up a $189,000 Bar Tab in Vegas?
Guest Posts/Other Sites
I did some guides for EveryTrail this month:
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Epcot
- Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World
- Kissimmee and Celebration
- Winter Park Museums, Shopping and a Cruise
- Shop, Eat and Play in Ivanhoe Village
If you like any of these articles, please pass the links via Twitter, Facebook, Stumble, etc. I’d appreciate the help! =)