It was four years ago at 11pm when I got the phone call you were gone. I hadn’t meant to be gone so long from your side, but after feeding the dog, I accidentally fell asleep. I somehow knew before I answered that call that I had lost my last chance to be with you and you were gone.
Dear Gramma, it’s been four years and I have a confession to make: I lied that last day we were together. I lied to you when I said that if you were ready to go be with mother in heaven it would be ok. But I knew I had to lie or you’d keep trying to hang in there, suffering in pain.
So I asked three times if you were ready to go be with mother. Each time when you said yes, it tore at my heart but I knew it was time to let you go. I really wanted to be selfish, but I couldn’t see you suffer in pain just to ease mine.
Dear Gramma, I’m sorry. I know Christmas was always your favorite holiday, but I no longer celebrate it. Losing you two days before just stripped everything that was good about the day for me. I remember the dinners we would cook together, especially when mom was still alive. There would always be so much food, we’d have leftovers all week.
Dec 1, 2011 writing
I don’t just write here. I also contribute articles and posts elsewhere on the web. So in case you’ve missed any of them, I compile a monthly listing of all of the links.
Here are my November 2011 contributions to the written web universe:
This is my Orlando/Central Florida blog. I write everything here, just about.
Visit the website at CitySurfing Orlando.
- Four Seasons to Open Resort at Walt Disney World
- The Venetian and The Palazzo Las Vegas Launch First-Ever Winter in Venice Holiday Celebration
- Indulge in a Fall Getaway to the The Rosseau, A JW Marriott Resort and Spa in Ontario, Canada
- Sé San Diego Hotel Rebranded as Hotel Palomar San Diego by Kimpton Hotels
- Legoland Announces Opening Dates for London and San Diego Hotels
- Butterfly Saturdays Open at the Gardens at Chateau at Paris Las Vegas
- Light Up UCF for a Cheap Family Holiday Evening Out in Orlando
- Heart Attack Grill for Late Night Eating in Downtown Las Vegas
- Relive the Story of Christmas During the Epcot Candlelight Processional at Walt Disney World
- Coconuts Brings Spring Break Atmosphere to Las Vegas
- MGM Grand Las Vegas to Close Long-Running Studio 54 Nightclub
- Nothing new for November 2011.
- No guest posts this month.
If you like any of these articles, please pass the links via Twitter, Facebook, Stumble, etc. I’d appreciate the help! =)