A lack of self-confidence is one of the biggest reasons people never accomplish their goals.
Maybe others told them they couldn’t do something. Maybe they have a fear of failing. There are a myriad of reasons why people lack self-confidence.
But if you don’t believe in yourself and your abilities, how are others supposed to?
So here’s a quick exercise I’d like you to do, to remind yourself of how awesome you can really be.
While you’re sitting here reading this on your computer, go and open any kind of note-taking program you have. It can be as simple as the notepad program that comes with most computers.
Title the page: “THINGS I’M GOOD AT” – yes, in all caps.
If you can, bold it and change the font color to bright red (or your favorite color).
Then I want you to make a list of everything you can do well.
Can you speak more than one language? Bake a mean cupcake? Run a marathon? Touch the tip of your tongue to your nose?
Do you always remember important dates of friends and family (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)? Can you figure out a 15% tip in your head? Can you put on your eyeliner in a straight line (I’ve tried, really, I’ve tried)?
Do you always know how to cheer someone up? Know how to dance? Can you say “watermelon” five times fast?
It doesn’t matter how trivial, funny, or weird you think it is, if you can do it, write it down. Don’t leave anything out.
Then save the file where you can find it on your computer. Feel free to add to it whenever you discover there’s something else you’re good at.
Next time you need a boost to your self-confidence, open up that list and read through it. It’s a good reminder that you are capable of accomplishing things, even when you have those days where nothing goes right.
Believe in yourself.
You CAN do it.
- On the One Year Anniversary of My Cancer Surgery - July 23, 2015
- Book Review: Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht Offers Mentorship in Book Form - July 10, 2015
- Dining Review: A1A Ale Works in St. Augustine, Florida - July 8, 2015
- Rocking Out to Bryan Adams at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on June 28 - July 5, 2015
- Book Review: Scott Sigler Crafts Great YA Sci-Fi Tale in ‘Alive: Book One of the Generations Trilogy’ - July 3, 2015
- I Should Have Bought A Lottery Ticket - July 2, 2015
- The Art of Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone - June 24, 2015
- General Mills Pledges to Remove Artificial Flavors and Colors From Cereals by 2016 - June 23, 2015
- AMC Theatres Hosts AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks Movie Fest for Charity - June 19, 2015
- Bryan Adams Hits Road For 30th Anniversary of Reckless Tour in U.S. - June 15, 2015