A lack of self-confidence is one of the biggest reasons people never accomplish their goals.
Maybe others told them they couldn’t do something. Maybe they have a fear of failing. There are a myriad of reasons why people lack self-confidence.
But if you don’t believe in yourself and your abilities, how are others supposed to?
So here’s a quick exercise I’d like you to do, to remind yourself of how awesome you can really be.
While you’re sitting here reading this on your computer, go and open any kind of note-taking program you have. It can be as simple as the notepad program that comes with most computers.
Title the page: “THINGS I’M GOOD AT” – yes, in all caps.
If you can, bold it and change the font color to bright red (or your favorite color).
Then I want you to make a list of everything you can do well.
Can you speak more than one language? Bake a mean cupcake? Run a marathon? Touch the tip of your tongue to your nose?
Do you always remember important dates of friends and family (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)? Can you figure out a 15% tip in your head? Can you put on your eyeliner in a straight line (I’ve tried, really, I’ve tried)?
Do you always know how to cheer someone up? Know how to dance? Can you say “watermelon” five times fast?
It doesn’t matter how trivial, funny, or weird you think it is, if you can do it, write it down. Don’t leave anything out.
Then save the file where you can find it on your computer. Feel free to add to it whenever you discover there’s something else you’re good at.
Next time you need a boost to your self-confidence, open up that list and read through it. It’s a good reminder that you are capable of accomplishing things, even when you have those days where nothing goes right.
Believe in yourself.
You CAN do it.
- Movie Review: #Horror (2015) - July 25, 2016
- Book Review: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - July 22, 2016
- Movie Review: Scout’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2016) - July 15, 2016
- Movie Review: The Funhouse Massacre (2015) - July 5, 2016
- Book Review: All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda - June 28, 2016
- Beyonce and Bilal Slay at 2016 BET Awards #BETAWARDS - June 27, 2016
- Movie Review: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016) - June 25, 2016
- Netflix July 2016 Additions and Departures - June 22, 2016
- Book Review: Beyond the Ice Limit by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - June 21, 2016
- When Senseless Violence Comes to Your City #OrlandoUnited - June 19, 2016