During my many years of blogging, I’ve always walked that line between revealing enough to hopefully keep readers interested, yet still having some of my life remain private.
However, in this age of social media, esp Facebook, I have to wonder if anyone keeps anything private anymore.
Now that I’m no longer using this blog to hold all my travel stories and other work-related writings, I find myself wondering how personal I should get with this blog. Or more to the point, how personal am I comfortable with getting.
See, I’m all for being honest and forthright. Ask me a question and I’ll give you an answer. But I also think there are just some aspects to my life that I don’t want the whole world to know about at this time.
Maybe its because I come from a different generation, but I’ve never been totally comfortable with everybody being all up in my business. And I still believe when someone confides a secret to someone, you keep that secret.
I feel my secrets are mine to reveal as I feel necessary, and some are just not an open topic I want to be discussed by the world at large.
I once revealed some secrets to someone I thought was a close friend, only to find them posted online on a message board two months later.
Talk about a breach of trust.
And to this day she still doesn’t understand how betrayed I feel about her doing that.
Not to mention that once something is revealed online, it’s pretty much out there forever now.
Which brings me back to my initial question. How much do I reveal on this blog to make it relevant and readable, yet still retain some privacy to my life? I guess it will have to be a line I tread as I write here.
I’d love to know what you think. Leave me a comment with your thoughts.
[photo courtesy of Paul Brunskill]
- Netflix May 2017 Additions and Departures - April 24, 2017
- U.S. Virgin Islands Offers $300 to Visitors to Celebrate 2017 Centennial - April 17, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Drops First Trailer at Star Wars Celebration Orlando #SWCO - April 14, 2017
- I’m Going to Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando!! #SWCO - April 10, 2017
- Celebrate Smurfs The Lost Village Movie with My Smurf Float Recipe + Win a Smurftastic Prize Package! #SmurfsMovie #RWM #ad - April 2, 2017
- Netflix April 2017 Additions and Departures - March 27, 2017
- Movie Review: The Belko Experiment Mixes Horror and Comedy in an Extremely Bad Day at the Office - March 20, 2017
- #CookingWithCabot and #SundaySupper for a Cheesy Good Day - March 13, 2017
- Netflix March 2017 Additions and Departures - March 1, 2017
- Learning about Child Safety in Vehicles with Nissan and Bloggin’ Mamas in Miami #NissanMamas - February 27, 2017