During my many years of blogging, I’ve always walked that line between revealing enough to hopefully keep readers interested, yet still having some of my life remain private.
However, in this age of social media, esp Facebook, I have to wonder if anyone keeps anything private anymore.
Now that I’m no longer using this blog to hold all my travel stories and other work-related writings, I find myself wondering how personal I should get with this blog. Or more to the point, how personal am I comfortable with getting.
See, I’m all for being honest and forthright. Ask me a question and I’ll give you an answer. But I also think there are just some aspects to my life that I don’t want the whole world to know about at this time.
Maybe its because I come from a different generation, but I’ve never been totally comfortable with everybody being all up in my business. And I still believe when someone confides a secret to someone, you keep that secret.
I feel my secrets are mine to reveal as I feel necessary, and some are just not an open topic I want to be discussed by the world at large.
I once revealed some secrets to someone I thought was a close friend, only to find them posted online on a message board two months later.
Talk about a breach of trust.
And to this day she still doesn’t understand how betrayed I feel about her doing that.
Not to mention that once something is revealed online, it’s pretty much out there forever now.
Which brings me back to my initial question. How much do I reveal on this blog to make it relevant and readable, yet still retain some privacy to my life? I guess it will have to be a line I tread as I write here.
I’d love to know what you think. Leave me a comment with your thoughts.
[photo courtesy of Paul Brunskill]
- Book Review – Star Wars: Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp - July 31, 2015
- On the One Year Anniversary of My Cancer Surgery - July 23, 2015
- Book Review: Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht Offers Mentorship in Book Form - July 10, 2015
- Dining Review: A1A Ale Works in St. Augustine, Florida - July 8, 2015
- Rocking Out to Bryan Adams at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on June 28 - July 5, 2015
- Book Review: Scott Sigler Crafts Great YA Sci-Fi Tale in ‘Alive: Book One of the Generations Trilogy’ - July 3, 2015
- I Should Have Bought A Lottery Ticket - July 2, 2015
- The Art of Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone - June 24, 2015
- General Mills Pledges to Remove Artificial Flavors and Colors From Cereals by 2016 - June 23, 2015
- AMC Theatres Hosts AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks Movie Fest for Charity - June 19, 2015