During my many years of blogging, I’ve always walked that line between revealing enough to hopefully keep readers interested, yet still having some of my life remain private.
However, in this age of social media, esp Facebook, I have to wonder if anyone keeps anything private anymore.
Now that I’m no longer using this blog to hold all my travel stories and other work-related writings, I find myself wondering how personal I should get with this blog. Or more to the point, how personal am I comfortable with getting.
See, I’m all for being honest and forthright. Ask me a question and I’ll give you an answer. But I also think there are just some aspects to my life that I don’t want the whole world to know about at this time.
Maybe its because I come from a different generation, but I’ve never been totally comfortable with everybody being all up in my business. And I still believe when someone confides a secret to someone, you keep that secret.
I feel my secrets are mine to reveal as I feel necessary, and some are just not an open topic I want to be discussed by the world at large.
I once revealed some secrets to someone I thought was a close friend, only to find them posted online on a message board two months later.
Talk about a breach of trust.
And to this day she still doesn’t understand how betrayed I feel about her doing that.
Not to mention that once something is revealed online, it’s pretty much out there forever now.
Which brings me back to my initial question. How much do I reveal on this blog to make it relevant and readable, yet still retain some privacy to my life? I guess it will have to be a line I tread as I write here.
I’d love to know what you think. Leave me a comment with your thoughts.
[photo courtesy of Paul Brunskill]
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime October 2017 - October 1, 2017
- #Netflix October 2017 Additions and Departures - September 27, 2017
- Well, Hello 50! It’s Nice to Meet You! - September 23, 2017
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime September 2017 - September 6, 2017
- Netflix September 2017 Additions and Departures - September 5, 2017
- When It All Goes to Hell with your Laptop - September 4, 2017
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017