Pardon my inner fangirl, but today Warner Bros. announced titles and release dates for the second and third parts of The Hobbit movie.
The first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will open December 14 of this year.
Part two will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It is due in theaters on December 13, 2013.
The third and final part will be called The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman in the press release.
It’ll be interesting to see how Peter Jackson manages to make three whole movies out of The Hobbit book.
I do hope when they come out on DVD, they do extended versions, like they did with Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. It takes a while to sit through that version of LOTR, but the added scenes that were cut from the theatrical version make the movie so much more complete.
[Image courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line]
- Netflix April 2017 Additions and Departures - March 27, 2017
- Movie Review: The Belko Experiment Mixes Horror and Comedy in an Extremely Bad Day at the Office - March 20, 2017
- #CookingWithCabot and #SundaySupper for a Cheesy Good Day - March 13, 2017
- Netflix March 2017 Additions and Departures - March 1, 2017
- Learning about Child Safety in Vehicles with Nissan and Bloggin’ Mamas in Miami #NissanMamas - February 27, 2017
- Goodbye and Good Riddance Flu - February 16, 2017
- Netflix January 2017 Additions and Departures - December 30, 2016
- Hot Berry-tini Cocktail Recipe featuring Crystal Head Aurora Vodka #spon - December 17, 2016
- American Berry Mule Cocktail Recipe - December 10, 2016
- Netflix December 2016 Additions and Departures - December 1, 2016