Pardon my inner fangirl, but today Warner Bros. announced titles and release dates for the second and third parts of The Hobbit movie.
The first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will open December 14 of this year.
Part two will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It is due in theaters on December 13, 2013.
The third and final part will be called The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman in the press release.
It’ll be interesting to see how Peter Jackson manages to make three whole movies out of The Hobbit book.
I do hope when they come out on DVD, they do extended versions, like they did with Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. It takes a while to sit through that version of LOTR, but the added scenes that were cut from the theatrical version make the movie so much more complete.
[Image courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line]
- Book Review – Star Wars: Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp - July 31, 2015
- On the One Year Anniversary of My Cancer Surgery - July 23, 2015
- Book Review: Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht Offers Mentorship in Book Form - July 10, 2015
- Dining Review: A1A Ale Works in St. Augustine, Florida - July 8, 2015
- Rocking Out to Bryan Adams at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on June 28 - July 5, 2015
- Book Review: Scott Sigler Crafts Great YA Sci-Fi Tale in ‘Alive: Book One of the Generations Trilogy’ - July 3, 2015
- I Should Have Bought A Lottery Ticket - July 2, 2015
- The Art of Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone - June 24, 2015
- General Mills Pledges to Remove Artificial Flavors and Colors From Cereals by 2016 - June 23, 2015
- AMC Theatres Hosts AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks Movie Fest for Charity - June 19, 2015