Pardon my inner fangirl, but today Warner Bros. announced titles and release dates for the second and third parts of The Hobbit movie.
The first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will open December 14 of this year.
Part two will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It is due in theaters on December 13, 2013.
The third and final part will be called The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman in the press release.
It’ll be interesting to see how Peter Jackson manages to make three whole movies out of The Hobbit book.
I do hope when they come out on DVD, they do extended versions, like they did with Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. It takes a while to sit through that version of LOTR, but the added scenes that were cut from the theatrical version make the movie so much more complete.
[Image courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line]
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017