Pardon my inner fangirl, but today Warner Bros. announced titles and release dates for the second and third parts of The Hobbit movie.
The first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will open December 14 of this year.
Part two will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It is due in theaters on December 13, 2013.
The third and final part will be called The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman in the press release.
It’ll be interesting to see how Peter Jackson manages to make three whole movies out of The Hobbit book.
I do hope when they come out on DVD, they do extended versions, like they did with Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. It takes a while to sit through that version of LOTR, but the added scenes that were cut from the theatrical version make the movie so much more complete.
[Image courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line]
- I’m Going to ShiftCon Social Media Conference 2016 in New Orleans! - May 22, 2016
- I’m April’s Blogger of the Month at Gotta Get Blogging! - May 17, 2016
- Captain America: Civil War is What a Superhero Movie Should Be - May 8, 2016
- The Difference Between Mexican and Tex-Mex Tacos - May 2, 2016
- Netflix May 2016 Additions and Departures - April 26, 2016
- Book Review: Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben - April 8, 2016
- Five New Reasons to Visit LEGOLAND Florida - April 4, 2016
- Book Review: The Passenger by Lisa Lutz - April 1, 2016
- Saltwood at Loews Atlanta a Must for Foodies - March 30, 2016
- Netflix April 2016 Additions and Departures - March 28, 2016