Pardon my inner fangirl, but today Warner Bros. announced titles and release dates for the second and third parts of The Hobbit movie.
The first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will open December 14 of this year.
Part two will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It is due in theaters on December 13, 2013.
The third and final part will be called The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman in the press release.
It’ll be interesting to see how Peter Jackson manages to make three whole movies out of The Hobbit book.
I do hope when they come out on DVD, they do extended versions, like they did with Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. It takes a while to sit through that version of LOTR, but the added scenes that were cut from the theatrical version make the movie so much more complete.
[Image courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line]
- Movie Review: #Horror (2015) - July 25, 2016
- Book Review: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - July 22, 2016
- Movie Review: Scout’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2016) - July 15, 2016
- Movie Review: The Funhouse Massacre (2015) - July 5, 2016
- Book Review: All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda - June 28, 2016
- Beyonce and Bilal Slay at 2016 BET Awards #BETAWARDS - June 27, 2016
- Movie Review: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016) - June 25, 2016
- Netflix July 2016 Additions and Departures - June 22, 2016
- Book Review: Beyond the Ice Limit by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - June 21, 2016
- When Senseless Violence Comes to Your City #OrlandoUnited - June 19, 2016