Pardon my inner fangirl, but today Warner Bros. announced titles and release dates for the second and third parts of The Hobbit movie.
The first film, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, will open December 14 of this year.
Part two will be called The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. It is due in theaters on December 13, 2013.
The third and final part will be called The Hobbit: There and Back Again. It will arrive in theaters on July 18, 2014.
“We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure,” said Warner Bros. president of domestic distribution Dan Fellman in the press release.
It’ll be interesting to see how Peter Jackson manages to make three whole movies out of The Hobbit book.
I do hope when they come out on DVD, they do extended versions, like they did with Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy. It takes a while to sit through that version of LOTR, but the added scenes that were cut from the theatrical version make the movie so much more complete.
[Image courtesy of Warner Bros./New Line]
- Book Review: The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs - September 16, 2015
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa Debuts New Signature Restaurant and Adult Pool - September 11, 2015
- Enter to Win a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Star Destroyer Strike Game #ForceFriday - September 4, 2015
- I’m Going to Mars! Or at Least My Name Is… #JourneytoMars - September 4, 2015
- Got a 4th Grader? Get a Free National Park Pass for the Family - September 3, 2015
- The Force Awakens Worldwide as Star Wars Launches Global Toy Unboxing Event Today! - September 2, 2015
- My August 2015 in Review: Blogger Bashes, Charity Events, Restaurant Openings and Concerts - September 1, 2015
- Fear The Walking Dead Debuts With 10+ Million But Was It Worth the Hype? - August 24, 2015
- A Conversation with John Corabi of The Dead Daisies - August 22, 2015
- Starbucks Brings Back Its Pumpkin Spice Latte With a Change - August 20, 2015