Procrastination is often given a bum rap. It’s equated with lazyness and a lack of follow through.
Granted, people do put things off simply because they don’t want to do something. I’m guilty of this as much as the next person.
But procrastination can sometimes be a sign that there’s something wrong with the path you’re on or the project you’re working on.
Procrastination can also stem from being overloaded mentally. It’s your brain telling you that you have too much going on in your life and it simply needs a break.
So next time you feel like putting something off, ask yourself why you’re procrastinating.
Is it just that you don’t want to do it? If the answer is yes, then ask yourself if it’s really something you need to do. It’s easy to say yes to projects and time commitments, but sometimes, you just have to say no if your heart just isn’t into it.
Do you want to do it, but can’t summon the energy (mental or physical) to get the job done at that moment? Then take a look at your life and ask yourself where you might be allotting too much time and energy. You only have 100% to work with. Procrastination can sometimes mean you’re diverting your resources in the wrong direction and don’t have enough to – as Larry the Cable Guy would say – “Git ‘er done!”
So the next time you feel yourself putting things off or dragging your feet, take a few seconds to figure out why. Often times, the answer will get you back on track and on schedule.
And if you still end up procrastinating, don’t beat yourself up. We all need a break from our lives every now and then.
- Goodbye and Good Riddance Flu - February 16, 2017
- Netflix January 2017 Additions and Departures - December 30, 2016
- Hot Berry-tini Cocktail Recipe featuring Crystal Head Aurora Vodka #spon - December 17, 2016
- American Berry Mule Cocktail Recipe - December 10, 2016
- Netflix December 2016 Additions and Departures - December 1, 2016
- A Taste of #Moana – Pineapple Salsa Recipe #ad #RWM @DisneyMoana - November 22, 2016
- Spiced Amarula Cocktail Recipe - November 10, 2016
- Netflix November 2016 Additions and Departures - November 1, 2016
- Lesser Known Horror Movies Worth Streaming on Netflix for Halloween 2016 - October 28, 2016
- Book Review: Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia - October 25, 2016