As you may know, I’m a huge fan of Robert Downey, Jr, and this week, Marvel released the first trailer for the upcoming film, Iron Man 3. Here it is, if you haven’t seen it (or are like me and just want to see it again):
It looks to be a more intense Iron Man movie. Tony Stark (Downey) has been changed by his experiences, including the events in The Avengers. He has more worries now, and more enemies.
The trailer explains that he’s haunted by nightmares and worries about protecting “the one thing I can’t live without” – which would be Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow).
On board as the villain is Ben Kingsley as Mandarin. I love what he does with his voice, by lowering the timbre and accenting certain letters like “r” – very menacing sounding.
Guy Pearce also looks to be trouble for Stark, playing Aldrich Killian, who in the comics, invents a powerful serum that grants superhuman abilities to its subjects.
This seems to set up an introduction of the Extremis technology into the films. Especially with the trailer scene where the Iron Man suit piece seems to fly through the air and come right to Tony, like he willed it to do so.
I think my favorite scene in the trailer is the whole visual of the house exploding, especially with the scene where Tony and Pepper are blown backwards. I love watching wirework scenes, and this one looks really well done.
But as I watched that scene, I noticed something in the scene that seemed a little strange. Here’s a screencap – can you spot it?
Yes, in the background behind Pepper, near the stairs, is a gigantic stuffed bunny:
I’m not sure if this has any significance to the plot, but it just really amused me for some reason.
Anyways, the film doesn’t come out until May 3, 2013, so there is still a little over six months to wait. And of course one or two more trailers to tease us with. I think this may be one of the biggest films of 2013.
What do you think? Are you looking forward to Iron Man 3?
[All images courtesy of Marvel]
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime September 2017 - September 6, 2017
- Netflix September 2017 Additions and Departures - September 5, 2017
- When It All Goes to Hell with your Laptop - September 4, 2017
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017