Jack Reacher is Tom Cruise doing what he does best in movies: high-energy fights, exciting action sequences, and snappy dialog. And that’s ok, because that’s just what makes this movie so good.
Reacher, a character from a series of books by author Lee Child, is a former military cop who has been living off the grid. After an ex-sniper is accused of opening fire on a crowd of people, Reacher shows up in Pittsburgh to find the truth.
There’s very little back story, at first. You learn about Reacher and how he fits into all of this as the film goes along, but in this film, it works.
He’s assisted by the ex-sniper’s defense attorney (Rosamund Pike), who happens to be the daughter of the prosecuting D.A. (Richard Jenkins). He also makes friends with an ex-Marine who now owns a shooting range, played wonderfully by Robert Duvall, that helps him solve the case.
Jack Reacher is a no-frills action thriller, and it’s a great one. It doesn’t try to reinvent the genre, it just does it really well.
- New Attractions Premiere this Summer in Orlando and Central Florida - May 29, 2016
- Netflix June 2016 Additions and Departures - May 25, 2016
- I’m Going to ShiftCon Social Media Conference 2016 in New Orleans! - May 22, 2016
- I’m April’s Blogger of the Month at Gotta Get Blogging! - May 17, 2016
- Captain America: Civil War is What a Superhero Movie Should Be - May 8, 2016
- The Difference Between Mexican and Tex-Mex Tacos - May 2, 2016
- Netflix May 2016 Additions and Departures - April 26, 2016
- Book Review: Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben - April 8, 2016
- Five New Reasons to Visit LEGOLAND Florida - April 4, 2016
- Book Review: The Passenger by Lisa Lutz - April 1, 2016