Jack Reacher is Tom Cruise doing what he does best in movies: high-energy fights, exciting action sequences, and snappy dialog. And that’s ok, because that’s just what makes this movie so good.
Reacher, a character from a series of books by author Lee Child, is a former military cop who has been living off the grid. After an ex-sniper is accused of opening fire on a crowd of people, Reacher shows up in Pittsburgh to find the truth.
There’s very little back story, at first. You learn about Reacher and how he fits into all of this as the film goes along, but in this film, it works.
He’s assisted by the ex-sniper’s defense attorney (Rosamund Pike), who happens to be the daughter of the prosecuting D.A. (Richard Jenkins). He also makes friends with an ex-Marine who now owns a shooting range, played wonderfully by Robert Duvall, that helps him solve the case.
Jack Reacher is a no-frills action thriller, and it’s a great one. It doesn’t try to reinvent the genre, it just does it really well.
- Book Review: Scott Sigler Crafts Great YA Sci-Fi Tale in ‘Alive: Book One of the Generations Trilogy’ - July 3, 2015
- I Should Have Bought A Lottery Ticket - July 2, 2015
- The Art of Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone - June 24, 2015
- General Mills Pledges to Remove Artificial Flavors and Colors From Cereals by 2016 - June 23, 2015
- AMC Theatres Hosts AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks Movie Fest for Charity - June 19, 2015
- Bryan Adams Hits Road For 30th Anniversary of Reckless Tour in U.S. - June 15, 2015
- A Pizza and Game Party to Review Wonder Forge Games - June 9, 2015
- Starbucks Unveils Six New Frappuccino #FanFlavors for Limited Time - June 8, 2015
- My Current Top 10 Most Wanted Travel Destinations - May 31, 2015
- Vivid Sydney Lights Up Sydney Australia Through June 8 - May 29, 2015