Jack Reacher is Tom Cruise doing what he does best in movies: high-energy fights, exciting action sequences, and snappy dialog. And that’s ok, because that’s just what makes this movie so good.
Reacher, a character from a series of books by author Lee Child, is a former military cop who has been living off the grid. After an ex-sniper is accused of opening fire on a crowd of people, Reacher shows up in Pittsburgh to find the truth.
There’s very little back story, at first. You learn about Reacher and how he fits into all of this as the film goes along, but in this film, it works.
He’s assisted by the ex-sniper’s defense attorney (Rosamund Pike), who happens to be the daughter of the prosecuting D.A. (Richard Jenkins). He also makes friends with an ex-Marine who now owns a shooting range, played wonderfully by Robert Duvall, that helps him solve the case.
Jack Reacher is a no-frills action thriller, and it’s a great one. It doesn’t try to reinvent the genre, it just does it really well.
- The Difference Between Mexican and Tex-Mex Tacos - May 2, 2016
- Book Review: Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben - April 8, 2016
- Five New Reasons to Visit LEGOLAND Florida - April 4, 2016
- Book Review: The Passenger by Lisa Lutz - April 1, 2016
- Saltwood at Loews Atlanta a Must for Foodies - March 30, 2016
- Netflix April 2016 Additions and Departures - March 28, 2016
- Book Review: Sage’s Eyes by V.C. Andrews - March 25, 2016
- Loews Atlanta Offers Luxury Accomodations in a Great Location For Exploring Atlanta - February 29, 2016
- Netflix March 2016 Additions and Departures - February 23, 2016
- This Is My One Year Anniversary of Being Cancer-Free - February 21, 2016