Jack Reacher is Tom Cruise doing what he does best in movies: high-energy fights, exciting action sequences, and snappy dialog. And that’s ok, because that’s just what makes this movie so good.
Reacher, a character from a series of books by author Lee Child, is a former military cop who has been living off the grid. After an ex-sniper is accused of opening fire on a crowd of people, Reacher shows up in Pittsburgh to find the truth.
There’s very little back story, at first. You learn about Reacher and how he fits into all of this as the film goes along, but in this film, it works.
He’s assisted by the ex-sniper’s defense attorney (Rosamund Pike), who happens to be the daughter of the prosecuting D.A. (Richard Jenkins). He also makes friends with an ex-Marine who now owns a shooting range, played wonderfully by Robert Duvall, that helps him solve the case.
Jack Reacher is a no-frills action thriller, and it’s a great one. It doesn’t try to reinvent the genre, it just does it really well.
- Fear The Walking Dead Debuts With 10+ Million But Was It Worth the Hype? - August 24, 2015
- A Conversation with John Corabi of The Dead Daisies - August 22, 2015
- Starbucks Brings Back Its Pumpkin Spice Latte With a Change - August 20, 2015
- Orlando Bloom Reteams with Johnny Depp for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - August 19, 2015
- Chris Hemsworth Gets a Uniform in Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters - August 18, 2015
- First Star Wars: Rogue One Cast Photo Revealed at #D23 Expo 2015 - August 17, 2015
- Book Review – Star Wars: Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp - July 31, 2015
- On the One Year Anniversary of My Cancer Surgery - July 23, 2015
- Book Review: Leave Your Mark by Aliza Licht Offers Mentorship in Book Form - July 10, 2015
- Dining Review: A1A Ale Works in St. Augustine, Florida - July 8, 2015