I’d heard a lot of good things about Silver Linings Playbook, and I was pleasantly surprised that it lived up to most of the hype.
Based on the novel by Matthew Quick, the story centers around Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper), who has just been released from a mental institution. His break-down was brought on by catching his wife cheating on him, and when he gets out, he discovers not only does she not want to talk to him, but he’s also lost his job and house.
He has no choice but to move in with his parents (Jacki Weaver and a delightful Robert De Niro). Soon after, he meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), the sister-in-law of a friend, who also has spent time in a mental hospital.
The love story that results is equal parts drama and comedy, and is delightfully unconventional and even slightly messy.
Cooper does a good job as the center of this movie, but it’s his scenes with Lawrence that really make the movie. She delivers a powerful performance and practically steals every scene she’s in.
If you’re looking for a heart-warming character-driven movie, Silver Linings Playbook is a well-crafted film worth seeing.
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017