I’d heard a lot of good things about Silver Linings Playbook, and I was pleasantly surprised that it lived up to most of the hype.
Based on the novel by Matthew Quick, the story centers around Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper), who has just been released from a mental institution. His break-down was brought on by catching his wife cheating on him, and when he gets out, he discovers not only does she not want to talk to him, but he’s also lost his job and house.
He has no choice but to move in with his parents (Jacki Weaver and a delightful Robert De Niro). Soon after, he meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), the sister-in-law of a friend, who also has spent time in a mental hospital.
The love story that results is equal parts drama and comedy, and is delightfully unconventional and even slightly messy.
Cooper does a good job as the center of this movie, but it’s his scenes with Lawrence that really make the movie. She delivers a powerful performance and practically steals every scene she’s in.
If you’re looking for a heart-warming character-driven movie, Silver Linings Playbook is a well-crafted film worth seeing.
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017
- May the Fourth Be With You – A Look Back at Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando #SWCO - May 4, 2017
- I’m Headed to Alabama for #TBEX in Huntsville and a Few Days in Mobile #IHeartHSV #VisitMobile - May 1, 2017
- Paul McCartney Adds Summer 2017 US Dates to #OnetoOne Tour - April 28, 2017