I’d heard a lot of good things about Silver Linings Playbook, and I was pleasantly surprised that it lived up to most of the hype.
Based on the novel by Matthew Quick, the story centers around Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper), who has just been released from a mental institution. His break-down was brought on by catching his wife cheating on him, and when he gets out, he discovers not only does she not want to talk to him, but he’s also lost his job and house.
He has no choice but to move in with his parents (Jacki Weaver and a delightful Robert De Niro). Soon after, he meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), the sister-in-law of a friend, who also has spent time in a mental hospital.
The love story that results is equal parts drama and comedy, and is delightfully unconventional and even slightly messy.
Cooper does a good job as the center of this movie, but it’s his scenes with Lawrence that really make the movie. She delivers a powerful performance and practically steals every scene she’s in.
If you’re looking for a heart-warming character-driven movie, Silver Linings Playbook is a well-crafted film worth seeing.
- This is Just a Short Hiatus…I’ll be Back in December - November 18, 2015
- Book Review: The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs - September 16, 2015
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa Debuts New Signature Restaurant and Adult Pool - September 11, 2015
- Enter to Win a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Star Destroyer Strike Game #ForceFriday - September 4, 2015
- I’m Going to Mars! Or at Least My Name Is… #JourneytoMars - September 4, 2015
- Got a 4th Grader? Get a Free National Park Pass for the Family - September 3, 2015
- The Force Awakens Worldwide as Star Wars Launches Global Toy Unboxing Event Today! - September 2, 2015
- My August 2015 in Review: Blogger Bashes, Charity Events, Restaurant Openings and Concerts - September 1, 2015
- Fear The Walking Dead Debuts With 10+ Million But Was It Worth the Hype? - August 24, 2015
- A Conversation with John Corabi of The Dead Daisies - August 22, 2015