Usually around my birthday, I wax all philosophical about where my life is and where I’d like it to go. Well, in September, I sat down to write my annual birthday post…and I realized how much I’d been through.
It was all a bit much, mentally, so I kept putting off writing about it. But I figure it’s the end of the year, I might as well do a retrospect type of post to sum up my year.
Today marks almost months since I got out of the hospital, and while I’m better, I’m still not at my best, health-wise.
- No visible fluid build-up around my heart and lungs anymore. Even when I got out of the hospital, I still had some fluid, but it appears to have all disappeared.
- My hypertension is under control and my blood pressure is the lowest it’s ever been in years.
- I no longer have to take insulin injections (yay! no 4 needles a day!)
- I no longer need a walker or a cane to get around. I may wobble a bit when I walk, but I’m doing it under my own steam.
- I’ve lost 80 lbs since getting out of the hospital. I still have a ways to go, but I’m on the right track.
- I may have kidney damage. I have to go to a specialist and have tests done to find out how bad it may be.
- I have referrals for seven other doctors, specializing in everything from my heart to my feet. Thank god for insurance. LOL
- I may have some kind of damage to my left ribs. Waiting on x-rays to find out for sure. All I know is it’s always sore.
But overall, the prognosis is good. Or at least better than it was at the beginning of the year.
In other news, still saving up for a car. Can’t afford to be too picky. Just want something that runs well, gets a decent gas mileage and is cheap to insure.
I’m getting back into my writing. I write daily (mostly) posts for my Orlando-centric website, CitySurfing Orlando. I have friends that help me out with reviews since I can’t get around much due to the car issue, but it’s about 95% written by me. I hope to get my travel blog back online by next month, and then I have a third website in the works that I hope to have up soon after that.
I’m also going to work harder on getting fit and healthy. I know a big part of that will be losing more weight, but I’m more concerned with just improving my health, stamina and fitness. I’m not aiming for a particular weight or clothing size.
So anyways, that’s pretty much where I’m at, as 2012 comes to a close. I’m hoping 2013 will bring about more positive changes and experiences, and I’m making goals and plans to help ensure that.
Thank you dear readers for sticking with me and this blog during the last tumultuous year. I hope the new year brings you all many blessings.
- Netflix May 2017 Additions and Departures - April 24, 2017
- U.S. Virgin Islands Offers $300 to Visitors to Celebrate 2017 Centennial - April 17, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Drops First Trailer at Star Wars Celebration Orlando #SWCO - April 14, 2017
- I’m Going to Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando!! #SWCO - April 10, 2017
- Celebrate Smurfs The Lost Village Movie with My Smurf Float Recipe + Win a Smurftastic Prize Package! #SmurfsMovie #RWM #ad - April 2, 2017
- Netflix April 2017 Additions and Departures - March 27, 2017
- Movie Review: The Belko Experiment Mixes Horror and Comedy in an Extremely Bad Day at the Office - March 20, 2017
- #CookingWithCabot and #SundaySupper for a Cheesy Good Day - March 13, 2017
- Netflix March 2017 Additions and Departures - March 1, 2017
- Learning about Child Safety in Vehicles with Nissan and Bloggin’ Mamas in Miami #NissanMamas - February 27, 2017