Beyond the Ice Limit, the latest collaboration by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, starts off with a slow burn, but as the characters hit the icy waters near Antarctica, the action and mystery are non-stop.
It is actually a sequel to their novel The Ice Limit, but you don’t need to have read that book to enjoy this one.
The book centers around Gideon Crew, a character used in other Preston/Child books. Here he is brought in to help on a mission to retrieve a meteorite lost by EES CEO Eli Glinn.
One that has turned out to be an alien life form that is now rooted in the sea bed two miles below the surface.
That’s right, I said alien. But it’s an imaginative one.
The story also has zombies (of a sort), high-tech gadgets, secret conspiracies, and even a nuclear bomb. It’s exciting and thrilling and even a little scary. I loved it!
The ending wrapped up a bit too cleanly for my tastes, but it’s a minor thing. If you’re looking for a summer read that will get your heart racing a bit and is hard to put down, add Beyond the Ice Limit to your reading list.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for review purposes via NetGalley. As always, my opinions are my own. There are also affiliate links used in this review which help pay for this site at no additional cost to you.
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017
- May the Fourth Be With You – A Look Back at Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando #SWCO - May 4, 2017
- I’m Headed to Alabama for #TBEX in Huntsville and a Few Days in Mobile #IHeartHSV #VisitMobile - May 1, 2017
- Paul McCartney Adds Summer 2017 US Dates to #OnetoOne Tour - April 28, 2017