Beyond the Ice Limit, the latest collaboration by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, starts off with a slow burn, but as the characters hit the icy waters near Antarctica, the action and mystery are non-stop.
It is actually a sequel to their novel The Ice Limit, but you don’t need to have read that book to enjoy this one.
The book centers around Gideon Crew, a character used in other Preston/Child books. Here he is brought in to help on a mission to retrieve a meteorite lost by EES CEO Eli Glinn.
One that has turned out to be an alien life form that is now rooted in the sea bed two miles below the surface.
That’s right, I said alien. But it’s an imaginative one.
The story also has zombies (of a sort), high-tech gadgets, secret conspiracies, and even a nuclear bomb. It’s exciting and thrilling and even a little scary. I loved it!
The ending wrapped up a bit too cleanly for my tastes, but it’s a minor thing. If you’re looking for a summer read that will get your heart racing a bit and is hard to put down, add Beyond the Ice Limit to your reading list.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for review purposes via NetGalley. As always, my opinions are my own. There are also affiliate links used in this review which help pay for this site at no additional cost to you.
- #CookingWithCabot and #SundaySupper for a Cheesy Good Day - March 13, 2017
- Netflix March 2017 Additions and Departures - March 1, 2017
- Learning about Child Safety in Vehicles with Nissan and Bloggin’ Mamas in Miami #NissanMamas - February 27, 2017
- Goodbye and Good Riddance Flu - February 16, 2017
- Netflix January 2017 Additions and Departures - December 30, 2016
- Hot Berry-tini Cocktail Recipe featuring Crystal Head Aurora Vodka #spon - December 17, 2016
- American Berry Mule Cocktail Recipe - December 10, 2016
- Netflix December 2016 Additions and Departures - December 1, 2016
- A Taste of #Moana – Pineapple Salsa Recipe #ad #RWM @DisneyMoana - November 22, 2016
- Spiced Amarula Cocktail Recipe - November 10, 2016