All the Missing Girls is a murder mystery written by Megan Miranda about the disappearances of two young women from a small town, ten years apart, and how they intertwine.
The big twist for the reader is that the clues are told backwards, chronologically, from Day 15 to Day 1, starting with the disappearance of the second girl, Annaleise Carter, and leading back to the first girl, Corinne Prescott. Think of it as the movie Memento in book form.
The story is told from the point-of-view. of Nicolette “Nic” Farrell, who was Corinne’s best friend. Nic’s father has dementia, and her married brother Daniel calls her to come home. Something she’s not looking forward to, and for good reason since neighbor Annaleise goes missing and the family is thrown back into the police spotlight.
Nic’s former flame Tyler, and Corinne’s boyfriend at the time she went missing, Jackson, are also caught up in the mystery of the disappearances, as the story goes backwards in time to the big reveal.
To say anything more would ruin the surprises in the book for the reader, but you won’t be able to put this book down once you start it.
I really enjoyed this book. The clues took more than a few unexpected turns, and in the end it doesn’t quite turn out how you would expect from the first few chapters. It definitely hooks the reader in until the end.
All the Missing Girls is a gripping and psychologically complex murder mystery. I highly recommend adding it to your summer book pile.
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for review purposes via NetGalley. As always, my opinions are my own. There are also affiliate links used in this review which help pay for this site at no additional cost to you.
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017