Dark Matter by Blake Crouch (author of Wayward Pines) deftly weaves together a mystery thriller that balances in both the normal and the sci-fi worlds, and it’s a page-turner you won’t be able to put down. I read it through in one sitting.
Jason Dessen lives a content life in Chicago with his wife and teenage son. He used to be a big deal in scientific circles but now he teaches physics at a college. One night after leaving a former colleague’s party, he is kidnapped walking home.
He is terrorized and told to strip. He is then injected with something, and when he comes to, nothing seems right. The people he knows aren’t quite the same, and they seem to think he’s different, too.
In this world he’s woken up to, Jason’s wife is not his wife. His son was never born. And Jason is not an ordinary college physics professor but a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable–something impossible.
Here is where the story goes hardcore sci-fi thriller, and I can’t reveal more without giving away the nucleus of the puzzle, but even if you know nothing about science, you’ll enjoy this story that is inspired by the Schrödinger’s cat paradox.
There are a lot of twists and turns, however, the core of the story is a man trying to get back to the family he loves, though the circumstances of his journey are mind-bending.
Put Dark Matter on your reading list if you want a solid science-fiction thriller with a little side of brain stimulation.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for review purposes via NetGalley. As always, my opinions are my own. There are also affiliate links used in this review which help pay for this site at no additional cost to you.
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #Visit Mobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017
- May the Fourth Be With You – A Look Back at Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando #SWCO - May 4, 2017
- I’m Headed to Alabama for #TBEX in Huntsville and a Few Days in Mobile #IHeartHSV #VisitMobile - May 1, 2017
- Paul McCartney Adds Summer 2017 US Dates to #OnetoOne Tour - April 28, 2017
- Netflix May 2017 Additions and Departures - April 24, 2017