Ten years ago, I happened into a African goods store in Naples, Florida, and I was first introduced to Amarula Cream. It was hard to find for a while, but the last few years, it has become widely available.
Amarula Cream is a South African liqueur feauturing the marula fruit. The juice from the ripe marula fruit is fermented, double distilled, then aged for two years in French oak barrels. During the final step, the liqueur is combined with fresh dairy cream.
Amarula Cream is similar to an Irish Cream, except instead of a whisky base, it has a sweet citrus fruit liqueur base.
After a little experimentation, I came up with this Spiced Amarula Cocktail, which fuses the cream liqueur with cinnamon whisky for a smooth drink with a little kick. You could even split this into two shots.
- 1.5 oz Amarula Cream Liqueur
- .5oz Cinnamon Whisky
- Pumpkin Spice for garnish
- Stir ingredients in shaker with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a dash of Pumpkin Spice.
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017