Ten years ago, I happened into a African goods store in Naples, Florida, and I was first introduced to Amarula Cream. It was hard to find for a while, but the last few years, it has become widely available.
Amarula Cream is a South African liqueur feauturing the marula fruit. The juice from the ripe marula fruit is fermented, double distilled, then aged for two years in French oak barrels. During the final step, the liqueur is combined with fresh dairy cream.
Amarula Cream is similar to an Irish Cream, except instead of a whisky base, it has a sweet citrus fruit liqueur base.
After a little experimentation, I came up with this Spiced Amarula Cocktail, which fuses the cream liqueur with cinnamon whisky for a smooth drink with a little kick. You could even split this into two shots.
- 1.5 oz Amarula Cream Liqueur
- .5oz Cinnamon Whisky
- Pumpkin Spice for garnish
- Stir ingredients in shaker with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a dash of Pumpkin Spice.
- Travel Thursday: Ghost Rock, Utah - November 16, 2017
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Eight feat. Frank Darabont and Other Authors #horror - November 13, 2017
- Travel Thursday: A Rusted VW Van in Metone, Alabama - November 9, 2017
- Book Review: Little Heaven by Nick Cutter #Horror - November 6, 2017
- Amazing Cast Revealed for 2019’s Live Action Version of Disney’s The Lion King - November 2, 2017
- What’s Coming to Amazon Prime November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Netflix November 2017 Additions and Departures - October 30, 2017
- National Park Fees Could Rise to $70 at Some Parks - October 27, 2017
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime October 2017 - October 1, 2017
- #Netflix October 2017 Additions and Departures - September 27, 2017