Ten years ago, I happened into a African goods store in Naples, Florida, and I was first introduced to Amarula Cream. It was hard to find for a while, but the last few years, it has become widely available.
Amarula Cream is a South African liqueur feauturing the marula fruit. The juice from the ripe marula fruit is fermented, double distilled, then aged for two years in French oak barrels. During the final step, the liqueur is combined with fresh dairy cream.
Amarula Cream is similar to an Irish Cream, except instead of a whisky base, it has a sweet citrus fruit liqueur base.
After a little experimentation, I came up with this Spiced Amarula Cocktail, which fuses the cream liqueur with cinnamon whisky for a smooth drink with a little kick. You could even split this into two shots.
- 1.5 oz Amarula Cream Liqueur
- .5oz Cinnamon Whisky
- Pumpkin Spice for garnish
- Stir ingredients in shaker with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a dash of Pumpkin Spice.
- Netflix April 2017 Additions and Departures - March 27, 2017
- Movie Review: The Belko Experiment Mixes Horror and Comedy in an Extremely Bad Day at the Office - March 20, 2017
- #CookingWithCabot and #SundaySupper for a Cheesy Good Day - March 13, 2017
- Netflix March 2017 Additions and Departures - March 1, 2017
- Learning about Child Safety in Vehicles with Nissan and Bloggin’ Mamas in Miami #NissanMamas - February 27, 2017
- Goodbye and Good Riddance Flu - February 16, 2017
- Netflix January 2017 Additions and Departures - December 30, 2016
- Hot Berry-tini Cocktail Recipe featuring Crystal Head Aurora Vodka #spon - December 17, 2016
- American Berry Mule Cocktail Recipe - December 10, 2016
- Netflix December 2016 Additions and Departures - December 1, 2016