Ten years ago, I happened into a African goods store in Naples, Florida, and I was first introduced to Amarula Cream. It was hard to find for a while, but the last few years, it has become widely available.
Amarula Cream is a South African liqueur feauturing the marula fruit. The juice from the ripe marula fruit is fermented, double distilled, then aged for two years in French oak barrels. During the final step, the liqueur is combined with fresh dairy cream.
Amarula Cream is similar to an Irish Cream, except instead of a whisky base, it has a sweet citrus fruit liqueur base.
After a little experimentation, I came up with this Spiced Amarula Cocktail, which fuses the cream liqueur with cinnamon whisky for a smooth drink with a little kick. You could even split this into two shots.
- 1.5 oz Amarula Cream Liqueur
- .5oz Cinnamon Whisky
- Pumpkin Spice for garnish
- Stir ingredients in shaker with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a dash of Pumpkin Spice.
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017
- May the Fourth Be With You – A Look Back at Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando #SWCO - May 4, 2017
- I’m Headed to Alabama for #TBEX in Huntsville and a Few Days in Mobile #IHeartHSV #VisitMobile - May 1, 2017
- Paul McCartney Adds Summer 2017 US Dates to #OnetoOne Tour - April 28, 2017