Ten years ago, I happened into a African goods store in Naples, Florida, and I was first introduced to Amarula Cream. It was hard to find for a while, but the last few years, it has become widely available.
Amarula Cream is a South African liqueur feauturing the marula fruit. The juice from the ripe marula fruit is fermented, double distilled, then aged for two years in French oak barrels. During the final step, the liqueur is combined with fresh dairy cream.
Amarula Cream is similar to an Irish Cream, except instead of a whisky base, it has a sweet citrus fruit liqueur base.
After a little experimentation, I came up with this Spiced Amarula Cocktail, which fuses the cream liqueur with cinnamon whisky for a smooth drink with a little kick. You could even split this into two shots.
- 1.5 oz Amarula Cream Liqueur
- .5oz Cinnamon Whisky
- Pumpkin Spice for garnish
- Stir ingredients in shaker with ice until chilled.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a dash of Pumpkin Spice.
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017