Disney’s Moana hits theaters tomorrow, November 23, so I’m celebrating by sharing my easy recipe for Pineapple Salsa.
The movie takes place among the many islands of Oceania, in the South Pacific, focusing on an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people.
During her journey, Moana (voice of Auli‘i Cravalho) meets the once-mighty demigod Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), who guides her in her quest to become a master wayfinder.
Together, they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds, and along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she’s always sought: her own identity.
I had the chance to see a short sneak preview of Moana at Disney’s Hollywood Studios last week, and I think Disney has another hit on their hands. It was heartwarming, thrilling, and incredibly funny. In addition to Maui, Moana is supported by a loving family, and a hilarious sidekick named Hei Hei (voiced by Alan Tudyk).
It’s a movie the whole family will enjoy, especially as family is a central core to the story.
So when I was tasked with sharing a Moana-inspired recipe, I wanted one that the whole family could make together.
This Pineapple Salsa is one I enjoy with both chicken and pork dishes, from fajitas to grilled pork loin. The combination of sweet and spicy is one the whole family will enjoy, especially with its fresh, clean flavors.
- 1 can (20 oz) Pineapple chunks
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, minced (remove seeds and inner membrane)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 Limes
- Drain Pineapple from the juice.
- Place all the ingredients except the lime into a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime over the mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours so flavors can meld together.
Use gloves when handling the jalapeno or wash hands very well after cutting it up.
It's fine to use a little less onion if you don't like a strong onion taste
Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Review Wire Media for Walt Disney. I received information to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime September 2017 - September 6, 2017
- Netflix September 2017 Additions and Departures - September 5, 2017
- When It All Goes to Hell with your Laptop - September 4, 2017
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017