Disney’s Moana hits theaters tomorrow, November 23, so I’m celebrating by sharing my easy recipe for Pineapple Salsa.
The movie takes place among the many islands of Oceania, in the South Pacific, focusing on an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her people.
During her journey, Moana (voice of Auli‘i Cravalho) meets the once-mighty demigod Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), who guides her in her quest to become a master wayfinder.
Together, they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds, and along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she’s always sought: her own identity.
I had the chance to see a short sneak preview of Moana at Disney’s Hollywood Studios last week, and I think Disney has another hit on their hands. It was heartwarming, thrilling, and incredibly funny. In addition to Maui, Moana is supported by a loving family, and a hilarious sidekick named Hei Hei (voiced by Alan Tudyk).
It’s a movie the whole family will enjoy, especially as family is a central core to the story.
So when I was tasked with sharing a Moana-inspired recipe, I wanted one that the whole family could make together.
This Pineapple Salsa is one I enjoy with both chicken and pork dishes, from fajitas to grilled pork loin. The combination of sweet and spicy is one the whole family will enjoy, especially with its fresh, clean flavors.
- 1 can (20 oz) Pineapple chunks
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, minced (remove seeds and inner membrane)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1-2 Limes
- Drain Pineapple from the juice.
- Place all the ingredients except the lime into a bowl and mix well.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime over the mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours so flavors can meld together.
Use gloves when handling the jalapeno or wash hands very well after cutting it up.
It's fine to use a little less onion if you don't like a strong onion taste
Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Review Wire Media for Walt Disney. I received information to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017