A traditional Moscow Mule is made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice, but I wanted to create a holiday cocktail with a mule base.
I’ve dubbed this one the American Berry Mule, since it still has the vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer, but I add in cran-apple juice. It’s tangy with a touch of sweetness.
I tend to make a batch in a pitcher, then set it out for guests to pour their own, so this recipe features enough for a pitcher-full.
And yes, you can easily make this non-alcoholic by leaving out the vodka and substituting ginger ale for the ginger beer.
- 4 cups cran-apple juice
- 2 cups of ginger beer
- 3 oz vodka
- Squeeze of lime
- Stir cran-apple juice and vodka together in pitcher with ice.
- Add ginger beer and a 1/2 of a lime's worth of juice. Give a quick stir.
- Garnish with cranberries, if desired.
- If making ahead of time, wait to add the ginger beer until you're ready to serve the cocktail.
- Travel Thursday: Ghost Rock, Utah - November 16, 2017
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Eight feat. Frank Darabont and Other Authors #horror - November 13, 2017
- Travel Thursday: A Rusted VW Van in Metone, Alabama - November 9, 2017
- Book Review: Little Heaven by Nick Cutter #Horror - November 6, 2017
- Amazing Cast Revealed for 2019’s Live Action Version of Disney’s The Lion King - November 2, 2017
- What’s Coming to Amazon Prime November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Netflix November 2017 Additions and Departures - October 30, 2017
- National Park Fees Could Rise to $70 at Some Parks - October 27, 2017
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime October 2017 - October 1, 2017
- #Netflix October 2017 Additions and Departures - September 27, 2017