A traditional Moscow Mule is made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice, but I wanted to create a holiday cocktail with a mule base.
I’ve dubbed this one the American Berry Mule, since it still has the vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer, but I add in cran-apple juice. It’s tangy with a touch of sweetness.
I tend to make a batch in a pitcher, then set it out for guests to pour their own, so this recipe features enough for a pitcher-full.
And yes, you can easily make this non-alcoholic by leaving out the vodka and substituting ginger ale for the ginger beer.
- 4 cups cran-apple juice
- 2 cups of ginger beer
- 3 oz vodka
- Squeeze of lime
- Stir cran-apple juice and vodka together in pitcher with ice.
- Add ginger beer and a 1/2 of a lime's worth of juice. Give a quick stir.
- Garnish with cranberries, if desired.
- If making ahead of time, wait to add the ginger beer until you're ready to serve the cocktail.
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017