I recently received a bottle of Crystal Head Aurora for review, and after a taste, I knew I had to try it in one of my favorite recipes, the Hot Berry-tini.
Aurora is the second vodka for the Crystal Head brand, and it comes in a very cool iridescent skull head bottle, as you can see in the photos.
It is created with high quality English wheat and pristine water from Newfoundland, Canada for an additive-free vodka. It is distilled five times and filtered seven times, three of which pass through layers of Herkimer diamonds.
The result is a drier, spicier vodka, and I had a feeling it would give an extra layer of flavor to my recipe, which also uses strawberry-jalapeno jam, cranberry juice, and a splash of strawberry soda.
If you like your drinks sweet and spicy, give this one a try:
- 1oz Crystal Head Aurora vodka
- 1 tsp strawberry jalapeno jam
- 1oz cranberry juice
- Strawberry soda
- Shake very well with ice
- Strain into a martini glass, and add a splash of strawberry soda.
- Garnish with cranberries, if desired.
Disclaimer: I received a bottle of Crystal Head Aurora vodka for purposes of review. I chose to create a recipe using it. I purchased all other ingredients. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017