I recently received a bottle of Crystal Head Aurora for review, and after a taste, I knew I had to try it in one of my favorite recipes, the Hot Berry-tini.
Aurora is the second vodka for the Crystal Head brand, and it comes in a very cool iridescent skull head bottle, as you can see in the photos.
It is created with high quality English wheat and pristine water from Newfoundland, Canada for an additive-free vodka. It is distilled five times and filtered seven times, three of which pass through layers of Herkimer diamonds.
The result is a drier, spicier vodka, and I had a feeling it would give an extra layer of flavor to my recipe, which also uses strawberry-jalapeno jam, cranberry juice, and a splash of strawberry soda.
If you like your drinks sweet and spicy, give this one a try:
- 1oz Crystal Head Aurora vodka
- 1 tsp strawberry jalapeno jam
- 1oz cranberry juice
- Strawberry soda
- Shake very well with ice
- Strain into a martini glass, and add a splash of strawberry soda.
- Garnish with cranberries, if desired.
Disclaimer: I received a bottle of Crystal Head Aurora vodka for purposes of review. I chose to create a recipe using it. I purchased all other ingredients. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- Goodbye and Good Riddance Flu - February 16, 2017
- Netflix January 2017 Additions and Departures - December 30, 2016
- Hot Berry-tini Cocktail Recipe featuring Crystal Head Aurora Vodka #spon - December 17, 2016
- American Berry Mule Cocktail Recipe - December 10, 2016
- Netflix December 2016 Additions and Departures - December 1, 2016
- A Taste of #Moana – Pineapple Salsa Recipe #ad #RWM @DisneyMoana - November 22, 2016
- Spiced Amarula Cocktail Recipe - November 10, 2016
- Netflix November 2016 Additions and Departures - November 1, 2016
- Lesser Known Horror Movies Worth Streaming on Netflix for Halloween 2016 - October 28, 2016
- Book Review: Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia - October 25, 2016