I recently received a bottle of Crystal Head Aurora for review, and after a taste, I knew I had to try it in one of my favorite recipes, the Hot Berry-tini.
Aurora is the second vodka for the Crystal Head brand, and it comes in a very cool iridescent skull head bottle, as you can see in the photos.
It is created with high quality English wheat and pristine water from Newfoundland, Canada for an additive-free vodka. It is distilled five times and filtered seven times, three of which pass through layers of Herkimer diamonds.
The result is a drier, spicier vodka, and I had a feeling it would give an extra layer of flavor to my recipe, which also uses strawberry-jalapeno jam, cranberry juice, and a splash of strawberry soda.
If you like your drinks sweet and spicy, give this one a try:
- 1oz Crystal Head Aurora vodka
- 1 tsp strawberry jalapeno jam
- 1oz cranberry juice
- Strawberry soda
- Shake very well with ice
- Strain into a martini glass, and add a splash of strawberry soda.
- Garnish with cranberries, if desired.
Disclaimer: I received a bottle of Crystal Head Aurora vodka for purposes of review. I chose to create a recipe using it. I purchased all other ingredients. As always, my opinions are my own, and honest.
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime September 2017 - September 6, 2017
- Netflix September 2017 Additions and Departures - September 5, 2017
- When It All Goes to Hell with your Laptop - September 4, 2017
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017