In the U.S. Virgin Islands, March 31 is the 100th anniversary celebration of “Transfer Day,” which is when Denmark sold the islands to the United States for $25 million.
Normally the three islands – St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas – mark the annual holiday with parades. But since 2017 marks the Centennial, the USVI have decided to also offer a $300 bonus to guests who visit at least one of the islands during the calendar year.
This $300 bonus comes in the form of a voucher to be used towards “Historical/Cultural Tours and Activities” that can be redeemed at your hotel. There is a huge list of places to use the voucher among the three islands that include museums, diving, sailing, tours, and more.
As an added bonus, since the islands are a U.S. territory, passports are not needed. But pack mosquito repellant as the CDC has issued Zika advisories for the U.S.V.I.
Travel must be booked by October 31, 2017, and all travel must be completed by December 31, 2017. Guests must also stay more than three consecutive nights at a participating hotel.
For more information, or to book your stay, via the official website visitusvi.com.
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017
- Celebrate the History of Mardi Gras at the Mobile Carnival Museum in Alabama #VisitMobile #BorntoCelebrate #travel - June 23, 2017
- The Fort of Colonial Mobile Teaches the Colonial History of Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile #travel - June 5, 2017
- Ben & Jerry’s Celebrates Bob Marley’s Legacy with One Love Flavor - June 1, 2017
- Netflix June 2017 Additions and Departures - May 26, 2017
- Vanity Fair Releases Four Collectors Covers of #StarWars: The Last Jedi Cast for Upcoming Issue - May 23, 2017
- Let’s Talk About It: Depression and Me #B4MH - May 15, 2017
- May the Fourth Be With You – A Look Back at Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando #SWCO - May 4, 2017
- I’m Headed to Alabama for #TBEX in Huntsville and a Few Days in Mobile #IHeartHSV #VisitMobile - May 1, 2017
- Paul McCartney Adds Summer 2017 US Dates to #OnetoOne Tour - April 28, 2017