In the U.S. Virgin Islands, March 31 is the 100th anniversary celebration of “Transfer Day,” which is when Denmark sold the islands to the United States for $25 million.
Normally the three islands – St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas – mark the annual holiday with parades. But since 2017 marks the Centennial, the USVI have decided to also offer a $300 bonus to guests who visit at least one of the islands during the calendar year.
This $300 bonus comes in the form of a voucher to be used towards “Historical/Cultural Tours and Activities” that can be redeemed at your hotel. There is a huge list of places to use the voucher among the three islands that include museums, diving, sailing, tours, and more.
As an added bonus, since the islands are a U.S. territory, passports are not needed. But pack mosquito repellant as the CDC has issued Zika advisories for the U.S.V.I.
Travel must be booked by October 31, 2017, and all travel must be completed by December 31, 2017. Guests must also stay more than three consecutive nights at a participating hotel.
For more information, or to book your stay, via the official website visitusvi.com.
- Why Only One Day to Be Thankful? #GratitudeAttitude - November 23, 2017
- Travel Thursday: Ghost Rock, Utah - November 16, 2017
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Eight feat. Frank Darabont and Other Authors #horror - November 13, 2017
- Travel Thursday: A Rusted VW Van in Metone, Alabama - November 9, 2017
- Book Review: Little Heaven by Nick Cutter #Horror - November 6, 2017
- Amazing Cast Revealed for 2019’s Live Action Version of Disney’s The Lion King - November 2, 2017
- What’s Coming to Amazon Prime November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Netflix November 2017 Additions and Departures - October 30, 2017
- National Park Fees Could Rise to $70 at Some Parks - October 27, 2017
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime October 2017 - October 1, 2017