In the U.S. Virgin Islands, March 31 is the 100th anniversary celebration of “Transfer Day,” which is when Denmark sold the islands to the United States for $25 million.
Normally the three islands – St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas – mark the annual holiday with parades. But since 2017 marks the Centennial, the USVI have decided to also offer a $300 bonus to guests who visit at least one of the islands during the calendar year.
This $300 bonus comes in the form of a voucher to be used towards “Historical/Cultural Tours and Activities” that can be redeemed at your hotel. There is a huge list of places to use the voucher among the three islands that include museums, diving, sailing, tours, and more.
As an added bonus, since the islands are a U.S. territory, passports are not needed. But pack mosquito repellant as the CDC has issued Zika advisories for the U.S.V.I.
Travel must be booked by October 31, 2017, and all travel must be completed by December 31, 2017. Guests must also stay more than three consecutive nights at a participating hotel.
For more information, or to book your stay, via the official website visitusvi.com.
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017