In the U.S. Virgin Islands, March 31 is the 100th anniversary celebration of “Transfer Day,” which is when Denmark sold the islands to the United States for $25 million.
Normally the three islands – St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas – mark the annual holiday with parades. But since 2017 marks the Centennial, the USVI have decided to also offer a $300 bonus to guests who visit at least one of the islands during the calendar year.
This $300 bonus comes in the form of a voucher to be used towards “Historical/Cultural Tours and Activities” that can be redeemed at your hotel. There is a huge list of places to use the voucher among the three islands that include museums, diving, sailing, tours, and more.
As an added bonus, since the islands are a U.S. territory, passports are not needed. But pack mosquito repellant as the CDC has issued Zika advisories for the U.S.V.I.
Travel must be booked by October 31, 2017, and all travel must be completed by December 31, 2017. Guests must also stay more than three consecutive nights at a participating hotel.
For more information, or to book your stay, via the official website visitusvi.com.
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime September 2017 - September 6, 2017
- Netflix September 2017 Additions and Departures - September 5, 2017
- When It All Goes to Hell with your Laptop - September 4, 2017
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Is the Most Fun Outing for the Webslinger Yet - July 7, 2017
- My Recap of #BlogHer17 – Maybe Not the Right Conference for Me - June 30, 2017
- Netflix July 2017 Additions and Departures - June 26, 2017