“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” doesn’t land in theaters until December, but fans can get a sneak peek at the cast in costume on four different Vanity Fair magazine covers hitting newsstands on June 6.
Photographed by the renowned Annie Leibovitz, the cast including Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Domhnall Gleeson, Adam Driver, and Kelly Marie Tran appear in groupings across the covers.
Except for our dear departed Princess/General Leia, Carrie Fisher, who stands regal in a solitary cover:
Another cover features her brother Luke (Hamill) standing on a cliff on the planet Ahch-To with Rey (Ridley).
A third cover celebrates the rebels, showing Isaac as Poe Dameron, Boyega as Finn, and newcomer Tran as Rose Tico (a Resistance maintenance worker), with droid BB-8 in the lower corner.
The final cover features First Order leaders Christie as Captain Phasma, Driver as Kylo Ren, and Gleeson as General Hux.
This special issue of Vanity Fair also celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. Plus it has exclusive interviews with “The Last Jedi” cast and director Rian Johnson about what happens in the next installment.
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy also discusses the expanded role General Leia was meant to play in the trilogy’s final installment, prior to Fisher’s death.
If you can’t find these covers in the store, you can shop them online at Vanity Fair.com, where you’ll also find a commemorative poster for new subscribers.
I so want the Carrie Fisher one. Leia was one of my idols as a kid, and I still can’t believe Fisher is gone. How about you? What do you think of the covers?
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime October 2017 - October 1, 2017
- #Netflix October 2017 Additions and Departures - September 27, 2017
- Well, Hello 50! It’s Nice to Meet You! - September 23, 2017
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime September 2017 - September 6, 2017
- Netflix September 2017 Additions and Departures - September 5, 2017
- When It All Goes to Hell with your Laptop - September 4, 2017
- Airboating on the Delta is a Must-Do in Mobile Alabama #VisitMobile - August 7, 2017
- Netflix August 2017 Additions and Departures - July 28, 2017
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets is a Beautiful Film that Falters on the Story - July 21, 2017
- Book Review: ‘Matchup’ Pairs Bestselling Mystery Authors in a Short Story Anthology Worth Reading - July 14, 2017
Tagged: "Star Wars", Adam Driver, Annie Leibovitz, Carrie Fisher, collector covers, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, John Boyega, Kelly Marie Tran, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, The Last Jedi, Vanity Fair