“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” doesn’t land in theaters until December, but fans can get a sneak peek at the cast in costume on four different Vanity Fair magazine covers hitting newsstands on June 6.
Photographed by the renowned Annie Leibovitz, the cast including Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Domhnall Gleeson, Adam Driver, and Kelly Marie Tran appear in groupings across the covers.
Except for our dear departed Princess/General Leia, Carrie Fisher, who stands regal in a solitary cover:
Another cover features her brother Luke (Hamill) standing on a cliff on the planet Ahch-To with Rey (Ridley).
A third cover celebrates the rebels, showing Isaac as Poe Dameron, Boyega as Finn, and newcomer Tran as Rose Tico (a Resistance maintenance worker), with droid BB-8 in the lower corner.
The final cover features First Order leaders Christie as Captain Phasma, Driver as Kylo Ren, and Gleeson as General Hux.
This special issue of Vanity Fair also celebrates the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. Plus it has exclusive interviews with “The Last Jedi” cast and director Rian Johnson about what happens in the next installment.
Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy also discusses the expanded role General Leia was meant to play in the trilogy’s final installment, prior to Fisher’s death.
If you can’t find these covers in the store, you can shop them online at Vanity Fair.com, where you’ll also find a commemorative poster for new subscribers.
I so want the Carrie Fisher one. Leia was one of my idols as a kid, and I still can’t believe Fisher is gone. How about you? What do you think of the covers?
- Kat Von D Beauty Launches 40 New Shades of Vegan #StuddedKiss Lipsticks #KatVonDBeauty - January 23, 2018
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
Tagged: "Star Wars", Adam Driver, Annie Leibovitz, Carrie Fisher, collector covers, Daisy Ridley, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie, John Boyega, Kelly Marie Tran, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, The Last Jedi, Vanity Fair