This week the all-star cast of the upcoming live action version of the classic Disney film, “The Lion King,” was revealed, and it is amazing.
The original film is one of my top favorite films of all time, so I was a bit nervous when they first announced a live action version was going to be made. Even when they said Jon Favreau was going to be directing, I still wasn’t completely on board.
But seeing who he’s assembled for the film, I am now really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
Here is the complete casting:
So many talented people, right?
First off, if they’d gotten anybody other than the legendary James Earl Jones to voice Mufasa, I may have had to riot. As Mufasa in the original film, Jones voice, to me, is so much of what made the character, I just don’t think I could handle another voice doing it.
Of course much will be made of Beyonce being cast as Nala, but don’t let that overshadow how talented Donald Glover is. I think he’ll be great as Simba.
I could go on and on, but looking at each character, I don’t really see any miscasts. And that makes me feel more confident this film won’t be a lesser version of a much loved classic.
Utilizing pioneering filmmaking techniques to bring treasured characters to life in a whole new way, “The Lion King” roars into theaters on July 19, 2019.
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017