Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of Ghost Rock in Utah, taken in August 2007.
That year, my best friend and undertook a massive road trip – 18 states in 13 days. Somewhere around day 4 (or was it 5?) we crossed the Colorado border into Utah on I-70.
About 2 hours into our drive, we pulled over into a scenic parking area. The information signs said it was Ghost Rock Summit, which also overlooked the Little Grand Canyon of the San Rafael River.
Legend has it a cowboy on a foggy morning saw the top of the pinnacle protruding from a bed of fog, thought it appeared ghostly, and dubbed it “Ghost Rock.”
I remember taking about 20-25 photos from this stop, and the photo above is the one I liked best. We were so tired from driving, but seeing this beautiful blast of nature reminded us why we were doing this trip.
- The 2018 #GoldenGlobes Nominees and My Picks for the Winners - December 11, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Hosts Huge Hollywood World Premiere - December 10, 2017
- Travel Thursday: Ft. Massac State Park, Illinois #EnjoyIllinois - December 7, 2017
- All the New Additions to #Hulu for December 2017 - November 30, 2017
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime December 2017 - November 29, 2017
- All the #Netflix December 2017 Additions and Departures - November 27, 2017
- Character Revealed for The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead Crossover! - November 26, 2017
- Why Only One Day to Be Thankful? #GratitudeAttitude - November 23, 2017
- Disney Releases New Poster and Trailer for A Wrinkle in Time - November 21, 2017
- Travel Thursday: Ghost Rock, Utah - November 16, 2017