Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of a rusted VW van surrounded by potted flowers I saw when driving through Metone, Alabama.
Earlier this year (May 2017), I drove with a fellow blogger from Orlando to Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the travel writer conference TBEX.
Her GPS decided to route us via the scenic route up past Atlanta and into the mountains. As we rounded a corner on the outskirts of a small town called Metone, just across the border in Alabama, we spotted this rusted classic VW van parked as a backdrop for some potted flowers.
We turned around and went back to take photos of this whimsical display, and check out the store/excavator business it fronted.
This is one reason I enjoy getting off the interstates – you get to see unusual visuals such as this, and it ends up being so much more memorable.
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018
- Book Review: Ramses the Damned – The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne Rice and Christopher Rice - December 20, 2017