Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of a rusted VW van surrounded by potted flowers I saw when driving through Metone, Alabama.
Earlier this year (May 2017), I drove with a fellow blogger from Orlando to Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the travel writer conference TBEX.
Her GPS decided to route us via the scenic route up past Atlanta and into the mountains. As we rounded a corner on the outskirts of a small town called Metone, just across the border in Alabama, we spotted this rusted classic VW van parked as a backdrop for some potted flowers.
We turned around and went back to take photos of this whimsical display, and check out the store/excavator business it fronted.
This is one reason I enjoy getting off the interstates – you get to see unusual visuals such as this, and it ends up being so much more memorable.
- Travel Thursday: Ghost Rock, Utah - November 16, 2017
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Eight feat. Frank Darabont and Other Authors #horror - November 13, 2017
- Travel Thursday: A Rusted VW Van in Metone, Alabama - November 9, 2017
- Book Review: Little Heaven by Nick Cutter #Horror - November 6, 2017
- Amazing Cast Revealed for 2019’s Live Action Version of Disney’s The Lion King - November 2, 2017
- What’s Coming to Amazon Prime November 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Netflix November 2017 Additions and Departures - October 30, 2017
- National Park Fees Could Rise to $70 at Some Parks - October 27, 2017
- What’s Coming to #AmazonPrime October 2017 - October 1, 2017
- #Netflix October 2017 Additions and Departures - September 27, 2017