Today’s Travel Thursday photo is of The Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.
In 2005, I made my first trip to Las Vegas, and nabbed a great rate for the Luxor Hotel, at the south end of the infamous Strip.
Since it was my birthday weekend, the desk agent made a big show of giving me a front view room in the pyramid. I thought that was great…until I made my trek up to the room.
Because of the size of the hotel, there are four mail elevators, one in each corner of the pyramid structure.
The problem was that not a single one of those elevators went to all the floors.
And of course, the elevator for our floor was one of the ones at the far back of the pyramid…which was a good two city blocks walk from the entrance and check-in desk.
By the time I got to the room, I was exhausted. But then I saw this view out of my window.
Our room was situated high enough that we not only had a great backside view of the giant Sphinx that sat at the hotel entrance, but we could see McCarran Airport on the other side of the street.
Other than the long walks to and from my room, I enjoyed my stay at the Luxor. I even saw Blue Man Group there for the first time.
Have you been to the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas? What did you think of it?
- Kat Von D Beauty Launches 40 New Shades of Vegan #StuddedKiss Lipsticks #KatVonDBeauty - January 23, 2018
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018
- Book Review: Dark Screams: Volume Nine feat. Various Authors - January 9, 2018
- My Top Ten Most Wanted Travel Destinations for 2018 - January 4, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for January 2018 - January 3, 2018
- Book Review: Between the Blade and the Heart by Amanda Hocking + Giveaway! - January 2, 2018
- Hello 2018! Let’s Rock This! - January 1, 2018