Sep 7, 2012 quizzes and memes
This meme has been going around the internet for a while, but it’s one of my faves.
Basically, you follow a certain set of instructions to get the band name, album title, and the photo that will be on the “cover.” Then you use Photoshop or any other graphics program (I use Pixlr.com) to put it all together.
Here are some of the covers I’ve made:
Wanna play? Here are the instructions:
Step 1 – Go to Wikipedia and click “random article” (left column on page). Whatever the title of the page is, is the name of the band.
Step 2 – Go to the “random quotations” page on The Quotations Page website. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of the album.
Step 3 – Go to Flickr.com and look at the “Explore/Interestingness/Last 7 Days” section. Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
Then put it all together. Play with cropping the photo or using different fonts. It’s all in your artistic hands.
Sep 28, 2011 quizzes and memes
I have a ton of work on my plate for today, but since I just got unfriended by a troll with no sense of humor on Facebook (I posted one of those “you have 7 friends” memes), I figured I’d take a few more minutes to do a meme I saw on Angie’s blog.
Because this is my blog and I can.
Also because I didn’t have to even think about what my answer would be, since it’s generally one most anyone who hangs with me for a good amount of time mentions.
Ever since I was a kid I’ve fidgeted. My mom used to yell at me to knock it off when we’d sit together on the couch, eventually getting so irritated she’d move to a separate chair.
Driving in the car, I fidget so much that if there’s a gear shift on the floor, I will eventually have my right buttcheek resting on it. If I’m a passenger, it will be my left buttcheek.
Which tends to really irritate the driver when they reach to shift, for some reason.
I don’t even realize I’m doing it. It’s like physical ADD.
And now that I have MS and am prone to random muscle spasms and cramps, fidgeting takes on a whole new level. Now instead of a whole body fidget, I can just do a leg or an arm.
Which brings me to my close runner-up annoying quirk: I tend to pepper my vocabulary with heavy doses of 80s speak. Not quite Valley Girl-level, but I’m known to rock the verbal microphone with the occasional “like,” “totally” and “awesome.” As demonstrated above.
So what’s your annoying quirk. Play along at your blog or just drop your thoughts in the comments.
Oct 17, 2008 quizzes and memes
Just a quick meme courtesy of Fuel My Blog:
Who (in your opinion) were/are the best…
- Frank Sinatra or Elvis Presley? Elvis barely edges out Frank. Overall I love Elvis’ music, but for Xmas, it’s gotta be Frank.
- Barry Manilow or Cliff Richard? Barry – he wrote the songs that made… oh, nevermind
- The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? Again, The Beatles barely edge out the Stones, but I was named after the Beatles’ song so they get the win
- Donnie Osmond or Michael Jackson? Musically, Michael esp with the Jackson 5. Personally, I think Michael needs severe help, so Donny would get the win there.
- Britney Spears or Amy Winehouse? Britney’s music is more danceable, Amy has the better voice (when not all coked out). Both are decent trainwrecks, but Brit is a bit more unpredictable.
Aug 20, 2008 quizzes and memes
My friend Jeff did a post yesterday about his top ten favorite movie songs – you know, the main theme identified with a film – and it got me thinking about mine. Since I watch a lot of movies, I thought it might be interesting to put out my own list. Here it is:
- Serenity – No surprise there, right? I love it so much I even have a ringtone of it on my phone.
- Star Wars: A New Hope – The theme for the very first film is so imprinted in my head, I can even picture the text scroll at the beginning of the movie.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – Every road trip I do, this song comes out of my mouth as we pull out of the driveway. The ultimate adventure theme.
- Jesus Christ Superstar – Makes me want to dance and sing every time I hear it.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show / “The Time Warp” – If this film has a theme song, this is the one. How can you hear, “It’s just a jump to the left…” and not want to dance in the aisles?
- The Sound of Music – The hills certainly are alive with the sound of music because I love to sing this song
- Ghostbusters – C’mon, who you gonna call? I bet you even know the dance.
- Footloose – Speaking of dancing…
- The Wizard of Oz / “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” – Like the “Time Warp” maybe not the “official” theme, but it’s so closely associated with the film, I think it qualifies. Judy Garland’s voice is so perfect for this song.
Lord of the Rings – Howard Shore did an amazing job with this theme.
James Bond – You know the one… Bond, James Bond. The theme has been redone and re-imagined by many musicians, but the original version is still the best.
It was hard actually narrowing it down to just ten tracks. So many others almost made it onto the list, like The Lion King’s “Circle of Life” and Top Gun’s “Take My Breath Away,” that I think I spent more time pruning the list instead of making it. LOL
So what would your list look like?