Yesterday morning, Rhon and I went to the grand opening of the new Whole Foods Market in Dr. Phillips. We went early for the free advertised breakfast, which was basically croissants and coffee or OJ, and the free tote bag of goodies, so we were in line by 7:30am.
But I think I have a new fave grocery store. I’d never been in a Whole Foods before because I never had one nearby. Even in Orlando, I would have had to drive up to Winter Park. But this new one is only 10 min away and is on the way home from both mine and Rhon’s new jobs, if we go the alternate route up Turkey Lake Rd.
I think I like it because the prices are actually pretty reasonable and also, I hate to cook, so the huge deli/prepared foods area holds a big appeal. I mean why slave over a BBQ brisket, mashed potatoes and veggies when you can just pick it up already cooked and bring it home? LOL
But I also like that you can sample stuff so you don’t drop the money only to find you don’t like it. And omg, did we sample yesterday. We tried a $17 prosciutto, salami, three kinds of cheeses (of course, my fave turned out to be a Wisconsin cheddar LOL), vegan roasted red pepper soup, hummus made from edamame and another made from sweet potatoes, and organic pineapple, oranges and strawberries. They also had fresh gelato (thumbs up to the coconut) and that BBQ beef brisket was finger-sucking good. We spent two hours in there and walked out almost full.
But to our surprise, the sampling didn’t end at the store. Those tote bags I mentioned? Full of all kinds of samples, including organic chips and cookies, full-sized packages of creamy tomato soup and Newman’s mints, and several kinds of teas and smoothies. There were also several health and beauty samples including Kiss My Face and Burts Bees stuff, and to our surprise, even a cute silver-plated bracelet. All total, I would estimate each bag had like $40 or so worth of samples. You can see the haul in the photo.
Of course, being up so early, after being up late writing, meant I basically slept most of the afternoon when I got home. LOL I so am not a morning person.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021