As a writer, I get inundated with press releases for just about everything. But even with this onslaught of regular information, I still have to stop once in a while and say “you’ve got to be kidding me.” Or words to that effect.
This is one of those times.
I received a note to check out a book on lulu.com that features recipes using an unusual ingredient. I think the cover speaks for itself:
I flipped through the page reader on the site, to see if this was a serious book or one meant as a joke. It appears to be presented as a real cookbook, complete with color photos of the “finished” dish.
So once I got past the “ewwwww,” “ick” and “oh hell no!!!” reactions, my first thoughts were these:
- What about the health concerns? STDs? Other diseases that can be spread via body fluids?
- Who would actually intentionally eat food containing sperm? I mean, there are people who eat foods like Rocky Mountain oysters (bull testicles), but would even Andrew Zimmerman (of TV’s “Bizarre Foods” fame) balk at this ingredient?
- Why would someone create a whole cookbook around sperm…and who did the taste tests for the book? “Wanna come over and help me with my recipe book about semen?”
- Am I the only one who can see the opportunities for nasty pranks on people with these recipes? “Hey, how are you enjoying the dipping sauce? Wait until I tell you the secret ingredient…”
- Speaking of “secret ingredients”…is this the one you’ll never see used on Iron Chef America?
I’m curious as to what y’all think. Would you ever use a cookbook like this or consent to eat a dish prepared from it?
Interestingly, the recommendation area of the page says that people who bought this cookbook also bought “Cooking with a Serial Killer.” Another round of “ewww,” anyone?
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021