Well, I’ve gone and lost another month. Been crazy busy — so much so that I’ve not even been able to blog about it all here till now. I don’t even know where to start.
I guess I’ll start with the fact that I’ve taken a seasonal job with Universal Orlando as a vacation planner. It’s a fancy term for ticket seller basically. LOL But it’s a steady job with a weekly paycheck, and basically, unlike a full-time position, I’m scheduled only during peak time periods, like the recent Easter break, and then my hours drop back when the attendance dwindles down. I’m trying to pay down all my bills asap so I don’t owe anybody anything and then I can put aside some extra cash to go extended traveling by the end of the year. What’s also cool is that since Universal is also a working film studio, I’ve been able to see some Hot Sets (when they’re filming at the park) like upcoming episodes of the Guiding Light tv soap opera and this week I saw the Final Destination 4 hot set.
The only drawback is that it’s a morning job (often I have to be up before 7am) and anyone who knows me knows I am not a morning person. And during the extreme peak times, like this past week, I work 40 hrs at the theme park and then I put in another 30 writing and doing my web design jobs. So not much time to do anything else. Sorry to all my friends who have been finding it hard to schedule stuff with me. I promise it will ease off soon and my schedule will open up a bit.
I’m still travel writing full-time, but it’s nice to be able to bank that money with the extra funds from the Universal job and give myself a nice cushion to work off of.
Speaking of travel writing, I’ve also taken on a new position as a lodging blogger at Uptake.com. I enjoy the people I’m working with on the blog and I also enjoy having another steady writing outlet.
And if you’ve missed any of my recent stories, here’s a quick list:
Suite 101 Budget Travel –
- Five Budget Key West Attractions
- Save In Orlando with Smiles Promotion
- Wisconsin Dells for Budget Thrill Seekers
- Sleep Inn in Athens, Alabama Lacks Customer Service
- Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin Adds Indoor Theme Park
Why Go Las Vegas –
I also may be going on a quick trip to wrap up some family stuff next month. Not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. I’m hoping that I might at least be able to sneak in some time with friends or maybe get some article material together whilst on this trip.
I’m also working on some projects, both personal and professional that I hope to start debuting soon.
Anyways, I have to be at Universal in the early a.m., so I’m signing off for now. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this photo of Leeshka doing what I wish I had more time to do…
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
Tagged: jobs, Key West, Las Vegas, Orlando, theme parks, Wisconsin Dells, writing
Thanks for the update! I, personally, have missed your blogging here.