I was finally able to take a proper shower yesterday for the first time since being hospitalized. Don’t get me wrong – I did my best to clean up and all in between, but I couldn’t take a full on shower until my bandages came off and such.
In the hospital, the best I could do was the general wash-up with a cloth in the sink. Even with my hair, they gave me a showercap thingy that had shampoo built-in. You microwave it, put it on your head and massage in for a few minutes. Then you towel dry with no rinsing. As I’m sure you can imagine, it left a lot to be desired in the non-greasy hair department.
So being able to stand under the running water and wash all the oil out of my hair, feeling the water run everywhere and being able to properly wash was… heavenly, to be honest. Almost like sex with hygiene.
Seriously, building up a good shampoo lather and then slathering on the Pantene deep conditioner (bought on sale with a coupon, of course). You could almost hear my hair take a deep breath from the removal of all the grime.
It would have been better if I hadn’t run out of my Tramp shower gel from Lush, though. I ended up having to use some of the hospital shower gel. Rhon uses a lavender smelling gel, and lavender makes me sneeze, so I didn’t have much of a choice. But clean is clean. And at least I could scrub off enough iodine from the spinal tap that I don’t look like a victim of a bad spray-on tan attack anymore.
I’ll just feel even better when I can smell like my lightly patchouli-scented self. When I’m a bit more mobile, I’ll have to trek over to the mall and grab a bottle of the Tramp. Or I suppose I could order it online, but I love getting the free samples at the store when you actually visit. Not to mention shipping charges online are almost as much as the damn bottle of the stuff.
But for now, I’m clean. It’s a simple thing, but it makes me happy.
Speaking of getting wet, the bad thunderstorms are heading in so I’m gonna head offline for a bit. Ciao!
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021