Last Tuesday was probably one of the scariest days of my life. I was sitting at home waiting for Rhon to come home with the car so I could go to work when I suddenly lost all motor skills on the right side of my body. Everything went numb and I dropped the cup I was holding. Rhon came home as feeling was coming back and took me to the emergency room which admitted me to the hospital. I spent the night and then the next morning started the barrage of tests, including a CAT scan. By this time I had about 85% of my mobility back, but my blood pressure was super high and tests had revealed some fluid around my heart, which was also enlarged.
Wanting to rule out a stroke, they then sent me for a MRI, which revealed what my neurologist describes as “lesions on the brain” – WTF? Oh and it appears I have a cyst on the brain that I was born with but it seems to be benign. At this point, I have no idea what is going on. I mean it appears to be getting worse with each test. So my neurologist says the only way to rule out what he thinks it is (which I’d rather not say until I know for sure one way or another) is to do a lumbar puncture – also known as a spinal tap. I agreed because I want to know for sure. I will say it was less fun than the movie of the same name, but the drugs are probably better. I can’t say if the amp went to 11, though.
I ended up having two because the first one couldn’t reach deep enough into my spine to withdraw enough fluid. So I had my first spinal tap in the morning on Friday and the second one a few hours later with a bigger needle down in radiology. It left a nice sized hole in my back that I had Rhon take a cell phone pic of later when she came to visit. Thankfully, for the second one, my back was still numbed from the first one, so with the additional lidocane, I felt almost nothing except some intense pressure and random nerve zaps in my butt, like static shock.
I think I creeped out the doctor doing the second one though because I asked to see my spinal fluid. Well, when else would I get the opportunity to see it? It was like water, with a few bubbles in the vial, but a bit thicker. I kinda wish I could’ve gotten a photo of it.
Anyways, I made a jailbreak this weekend and am home now. The sweetest thing is when I sat down on the couch, Leeshka jumped up, sniffed my face and gave me a big kiss on the nose. She hasn’t left my side since I’ve been home. She even follows me into the bathroom. If I make a noise while sleeping (which I’ve done quite a bit of since I’ve been home), I’ll feel her gently sniff my face or give me kissies and then she’ll go back to sleep pressed right up against me.
I’m still awaiting the results of the taps and all the blood work they’ve done. I’m also on five prescriptions in the meantime. I have a lot of pain in my lower back and have a few problems with walking and random slurring of words. But I would say right now I’m at about 90-95% of normal most of the time.
I think the waiting to hear the results is the worst part right now. But it’s a double-edged sword. If it is what the doctor thinks it is, it’s going to require a major lifestyle change. If it’s not, then I’m back to square one with no idea what really caused the body meltdown – or what those lesions are all about.
But if you’re a spiritual person and can spare some room in your prayers for me, I’d really appreciate it. I just feel really scared and I’m not sure what’s going on.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021