Rhonda and I spent yesterday afternoon over at the Orlando Science Center. Why? Because this weekend is the OSC’s annual Festival of Chocolate.
I have to admit, I’m not much of a chocolate eater, but Rhon’s more normal than I am about the stuff – she loves it immensely.
So we headed over after she got off work, to check out what the fest had to offer.
Normally admission was $17 per person (regular admission to the OSC), but we were invited by them to check out the event for CitySurfing Orlando.
It was more crowded than the Otronicon event in January, so much so that we typically had to wait 10 minutes just to get on the elevator.
We walked around, doing a once-over of all the treats for sale. They used gold coins for currency at the event, and there were several tables to exchange dollars for coins on a one-to-one basis.
We then bought a few pieces and went out to the fourth floor terrace for a breather from the crowds. It was a beautiful afternoon – sunny but cool, with a gentle breeze. From the terrace, we had a great view of the downtown Orlando skyline. We sat out there for a bit then went back inside.
We continued to peruse the various sale tables – in addition to chocolate confections, there were chocolate fountains to dip stuff in, chocolate-covered cookies, graham crackers and marshmallows (even chocolate-covered bugs, which I passed on). Lots of baked goods, like cupcakes, as well as chocolate-flavored cotton candy and ice cream.
All-in-all, I think we spent 15 coins on various goodies (including a few non-chocolate treats like pralines and a pecan nut bar, for me). Walked out with a bag full of stuff, since most of what we got was 1 or 2 coins in price.
Since we arrived later in the afternoon, we missed most of the demonstrations and contests. I was disappointed at that, but maybe next year they will run these events a little later.
Even though I’m not a chocolate fiend, I had fun at the event. And Rhon was the proverbial kid in a candy store.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
Tagged: family friendly events, Festival of Chocolate, food festivals, Orlando Science Center