Jack Reacher is Tom Cruise doing what he does best in movies: high-energy fights, exciting action sequences, and snappy dialog. And that’s ok, because that’s just what makes this movie so good.
Reacher, a character from a series of books by author Lee Child, is a former military cop who has been living off the grid. After an ex-sniper is accused of opening fire on a crowd of people, Reacher shows up in Pittsburgh to find the truth.
There’s very little back story, at first. You learn about Reacher and how he fits into all of this as the film goes along, but in this film, it works.
He’s assisted by the ex-sniper’s defense attorney (Rosamund Pike), who happens to be the daughter of the prosecuting D.A. (Richard Jenkins). He also makes friends with an ex-Marine who now owns a shooting range, played wonderfully by Robert Duvall, that helps him solve the case.
Jack Reacher is a no-frills action thriller, and it’s a great one. It doesn’t try to reinvent the genre, it just does it really well.
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for February 2018 - February 2, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime February 2018 - February 1, 2018
- All the #Netflix February 2018 Additions and Departures - January 31, 2018
- Kat Von D Beauty Launches 40 New Shades of Vegan #StuddedKiss Lipsticks #KatVonDBeauty - January 23, 2018
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018