Well, it’s been three months since I last updated y’all on my health. I’d say I’m hovering at about 80% right now.
I’m taking my meds everyday – all 10 prescriptions plus all the recommended vitamins and supplements. In the morning, it’s like a pre-breakfast when I take them. I think they’re going to have to up the dosage on my Thyroid meds, though. My levels were off when I had my last set of labs done, plus I’ve gained 10 lbs in the last month, all in midsection. I have labs at the end of this month that will determine if those meds have to be upped.
My nephrologist determined I have stage 3 kidney disease. On the downside, stage 4 is where I have to start thinking about dialysis, but she says if I take it easy on my kidneys, it might be possible to reverse some of the damage. So I drink mainly water. I’ve only had one alcoholic drink all year, so far. I’ve also stopped taking Naproxin Sodium for my pain and cramps. The doc says that stuff puts a strain on the kidneys.
So far still no fluid build-up in my heart and lungs. That makes 10 months clear, which is good, because I have no desire to go back into the hospital.
What I’m worried about is my sudden drops in blood sugar. Maybe I’m not eating enough or at regular intervals, but sometimes my sugar will suddenly drop and I’ll get all dizzy. Today I had just eaten and all of the sudden my sugar dropped to 56 (norm for me is 80-100). I’m trying to keep written track of when and what I eat to determine if I need to alter my diet again.
I’m also having problems sleeping. I can usually sleep for 2-4 hours at a time, then I wake up and can’t get back to sleep for a few hours. So I’m not getting a full 7-9 hours like I should. I’ve had this problem before, so I’m not too worried, but it’s definitely not helping with the recovery.
Otherwise, I’m walking every day and trying to get in 30 minutes of other exercise daily. I still have to watch my heart when doing cardio. I have nitro pills, but I don’t like to have to use them.
But overall I’m getting better slowly, I think. At least I’m better than I was a year ago when I was in the hospital.
I hope y’all are doing well. Thanks for caring!
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
Tagged: health updates
Thanks Jeff! I figure I got a second chance, I’m not wasting it. Miss you & Cindy! =)
So glad to hear of the steady improvement. 80% is so much better than how you felt previously. Continue to work toward getting better and better, we want to keep you around for a long time. 🙂