In my effort to go meatless for a week, I decided to try out Morning Star Farms Hot & Spicy Sausage Patties. I’m already a fan of their Prime Griller burgers and mini-corn dogs, so when my local grocery had a buy-one-get-one sale, I grabbed a box of the sausage patties to try.
They come six to a box, but they are a little smaller than your average sausage patty. I took two and popped them in the toaster with two whole-grain waffles. They both cooked in the same time – very easy.
Taste-wise, the patties were delicious. Just the right amount of spice but not overbearing. It paired nicely with a bit of syrup on the plate from the whole-grain waffles I also made. A little sweet-and-spicy kick for the morning.
The texture, however, wasn’t quite right. It was very close to a meat patty, but it was a bit more crumbly. It didn’t bother me, but that’s the only way I found it different from a meat sausage patty.
My biggest complaint is that each serving size – one patty – has 230mg of sodium. If you have two, like I did, that’s almost 500 mg. So if you’re on a low-sodium diet, you might want to only have one.
On the plus size, one patty only has 70 calories and only 3g total fat (vs 13g for an average pork sausage patty).
I would give this product an 8 out of 10 rating. If it had less salt, I’d give it a 9.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018