This search led me to picking up a bag of Gardein Crispy Tenders at the store. The online reviews were good, plus the company is used by Disney at their annual Epcot Food & Wine Festival.
Looking at the nutrition label, I saw a serving size is 2 pieces, so I popped that on a cookie sheet to bake. They were smaller than I expected, but they looked just like breaded chicken tenders.
While they were cooking, I read the ingredient label. Not only could I pronounce everything on the label, but it was all stuff I recognized.
Each serving had 100 calories, with 4.5 grams of fat. Definitely healthier than the actual chicken.
The only problem I had was that each serving also had 240mg salt, though the label said it was sea salt. But since the pieces were a bit smaller, less salt would’ve been nice.
So what about the taste? It was actually really close. When dipped in a honey mustard or ranch dressing, I couldn’t tell the difference, really.
I’d give Gardein Crispy Tenders an 8 out of 10. If the salt content was lower, I would’ve given it a 9.
Have you tried Gardein vegan “chicken”? If so, what did you think about it?
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018