For the month of September, I decided to take a break from doctors, and I didn’t schedule a single appointment. It was nice not to have those weekly reminders of how sick I still am.
I resume my schedule with a visit to my regular doc this week. I did a battery of labs last week, so I’ll find out the results. And today I’ve got to make appts with my heart and eye docs for first visits. But other than feeling a bit anemic the last month, I’ve been pretty ok health-wise.
I actually got out a bit and did stuff this last month. I went to see Disney on Ice, and I ate at Red Lobster for the first time. I’ve avoided it all my life because of a seafood allergy, but I was invited to a media tasting to try their new lunch menu that has a bunch of non-seafood stuff. I finally got to see what all the fuss was about with their Cheddar Bay biscuits. Yum, yum!
I also went to two concerts in September. They were my first since I was hospitalized last year. I used to go to at least one show a month, so it was almost strange being at a concert after going so long without. I went by myself both times, and it was standing room only. I thought I’d have a hard time standing for so long, but I had more stamina than I thought. That’s a good thing. Means I’m getting stronger, even though I’m still sick.
Anyways, the first show was Pepper with RDGLDGRN, a double bill of island-flavored alt-rock. I liked both bands, but I definitely felt like one of the older people in attendance. LOL The second show was ZZ Ward with openers The Wild Feathers and James Bay. That was an awesome show! It was a small crowd, so I stood right next to the stage, and danced quite often to the music. Yes, I was the strange girl dancing by myself. It was just really nice hearing live music again.
Finally, I celebrated my birthday last month – my 46th. I went with Rhonda, and friends Carol and Kirk (he has the same birthday), to breakfast at Boma at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. I haven’t eaten there in two years, but it’s still my fave breakfast at Disney. In addition to traditional dishes like omelettes, bacon, and pastries, the buffet has several African dishes like quinoa porridge, pap, and Bobotie (an African-style frittata). It even has M&M pancakes – they were so good with syrup. Sugar overload, though. We stuffed ourselves silly, then went outside and watched the animals (giraffes, etc) having their breakfast on the hotel’s savannah.
Thanks to everyone who has been following my adventures back to health for your support! As I turned 46, I reflected how damn close I came to not making 45 last year. And a lot of my well-being today is because of my friends and those of you who read my blog and offer encouragement.
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021