Yesterday I went to see my primary care physician (PCP) for my monthly check-up. I did labs last week, so my doc gave me the results.
Surprisingly, most of my readings were within the normal range. Kidney function and liver function were fine. My sugar levels and bad cholesterol were also fine, but my good cholesterol is low.
My iron is extremely low, even though I take a supplement daily. This is due to the anemia, but I can’t take a higher strength dosage of iron because then it interferes with my thyroid meds.
My white and red blood cell levels are also off, so I’ve been referred to see a hemotologist. Most likely I’ll have to have an iron infusion IV treatment. I’m a bit nervous about this because this treatment could provoke an allergic reaction. But I guess I’ll figure it out after I talk to the hemotologist.
Next week, I see the eye doc and my cardiologist – both for the first time. It’s been years since I’ve had an eye exam, so hopefully I don’t need glasses.
But since my labs came back mostly positive, I don’t need to see my PCP for another 3 months. Yup, I don’t have to go back until January.
Compared to where I was a year ago, I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2019 - June 25, 2019
- Movie Review: Is Toy Story 4 Worth Seeing? #SpoilerFree #ToyStory4 - June 20, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for June 2019 - June 1, 2019
- Living with MS: May 30th is World MS Day #MyInvisibleMS #MSawareness #WorldMSDay - May 30, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for May 2019 - April 29, 2019
- Movie Review: Avengers Endgame Wraps Up 10 Years of Stories in Epic Style #AvengersEndgame #SpoilerFree - April 24, 2019
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018