I’m all for introducing children to the joys of reading. That’s why I’m happy to hear that McDonald’s is putting books instead of toys in their Happy Meals for a limited time.
Through November 14, families will be able to enjoy four original books featuring McDonald’s Happy Meal characters. Each limited-edition book brings nutrition, imagination and play to life in a fun way.
The four limited-edition books include:
- “The Goat Who Ate Everything” – Tells a story of a goat who has a big appetite and struggles to eat right. But when he does, he feels great and becomes the playful ‘kid’ everyone loves.
- “Deana’s Big Dreams” – Shares how Deana, the world’s smallest dinosaur, grew tall by eating right.
- “Ant, Can’t” – Features Ant, a bite-sized bodybuilder who’s big on encouraging physical fitness through exercise and eating right.
- “Doddi the Dodo Goes to Orlando” – Follows happy-go-lucky bird Doddi who travels the world. She eats right because this dodo is always on the go-go.
As part of the launch of Happy Meal Books, McDonald’s is collaborating with Reading is Fundamental (RIF), the largest children’s literacy non-profit in the U.S., to help more children and their families discover the joy of reading. RIF will distribute 100,000 Happy Meal Books to children who do not have easy access to books.
McDonald’s will also give families anytime access to reading with a new interactive digital book each month through the end of 2014. The free interactive e-books will be available on McPlay, McDonald’s Happy Meal App, and will allow kids to read, discover and explore exciting new worlds. McDonald’s has partnered with DK Publishing, an award winning global publisher, to offer educational and entertaining content for customers – the first e-book introduces DK’s Amazing World Series, with “The World’s Greatest Cities.” Kids will also be able to engage with an interactive digital version of McDonald’s Happy Meal print book, “The Goat Who Ate Everything” via the McPlay app.
The Happy Meal Books, as well as the DK Publishing e-books, will also be available for download at HappyMeal.com.
Here’s a video of McDonald’s Celebrity Friends (Mark Consuelos, Alex Morgan, Daym Drops, Colin Kaepernick, Trevor Jackson, and DJ Irie) reading “Ant, Can’t”:
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Tubi for Halloween 2021 .. #Tubi #TerrorOnTubi #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 29, 2021