I was recently invited to try out Redbox Instant, the new home streaming service from Redbox, via BzzAgent. The following review is my own words and thoughts.
Most people are familiar with Redbox, the instore kioks that offer nightly rentals of videos, but Redbox now also has a home video streaming service.
I was invited to sample the home service via a one-month trial, and here’s what I thought of it.
Redbox Instant does have some newer titles, as well as a back catalog of older films, but it doesn’t have nearly the selection of its closest competitor, Netflix. Some of the films I watched are the 2012 remake of Red Dawn, the first Hunger Games, and Skyfall, the last James Bond film. You can also use your account to rent/buy digital copies of new releases.
But where a subscription to Redbox Instant excels is your monthly fee includes four free kiosk rentals each month. So if there’s a recent release you want to see, or just happen to want an actual DVD to watch, you get four rental credits to do so every month.
There is also a Redbox Instant App that allows users to stream movies away from their computers via select android phones, iPhones and tablets covered, at 3G, 4G or by Wi-Fi.
Redbox Instant costs $8 a month ($9 if you want blu-ray rentals), the same as a Netflix streaming service account, but Netflix charges you an extra fee for physical DVD rentals through their service.
If you’re the kind of movie watcher who wants to do a combination of streaming and DVDs, then a subscription to Redbox Instant might work for you.
You can try it out for yourself with a free one-month trial of Redbox Instant at redboxinstant.com. They will ask for your credit card, but as long as you cancel before the trial month is over, you will not be charged.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime in August 2018! - July 31, 2018
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for August 2018 - July 30, 2018
- Cunard Announces Cruise Sale with Up to 50% Off - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Resort in Cocoa Beach, Florida - July 20, 2018
- Amazon Reveals Back-To-School and Off-To-College Deals for Prime Day #amazonprimeday - July 15, 2018
- What You Need to Know to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2018 #amazonprimeday - July 14, 2018