It’s now been a month since my cancer surgery, and there’s been some minor complications. If you’re squeamish, skim forward a few paragraphs.
Last weekend I started bleeding lightly and it was painful to sit or walk. Since they removed everything in the surgery, that shouldn’t be happening. On Monday, the cancer doc examined me and it seems somehow I tore a few of the sutures. Three on the bottom and one on top. Not good, but I’m told it happens.
She prescribed some antibiotics (which I keep forgetting to take on a regular schedule), and said I was to go nowhere and do nothing for a week until I heal inside. Apparently even walking can aggravate the sutures, so I’m couch-bound until at least Tuesday.
There goes my Labor Day weekend plans.
Next month I have a meeting with a radiologist to schedule the radiation treatments I mentioned last time. The good news is no chemo, so far, but the length of the radiation has gone from 2 weeks to 5, because I turned out to be Stage II.
Five weeks of daily radiation. *sigh* Maybe for Halloween I can put on something green and go as a glowstick.
The good thing is it will be targeted radiation, so I’ll only get nuked in the lower abdomen. It’s supposed to have fewer side effects than traditional radiation, from what I’m told, plus it’ll help protect my organs in that area, like my kidneys.
I’m hoping to start the treatment early October, because I’d hate to be having radiation on my birthday next month. That would suck. Plus I have a lot of blogger stuff planned for the beginning of September, and I’d hate to have to cancel because I’m too sick to go.
So that’s where I am, right now. I’m trying to stay positive through all of this, but it’s not easy. I just get so tired of hurting all the time. I’m trying not to be a whiny person about it, but UGH!
But in good news, I’ve somehow managed to lose 10 pounds in the last two weeks pretty much sitting on my ass recuperating. That makes 169lbs I’ve lost since I was hospitalized two and a half years ago. Not too shabby.
I know I say this a lot, but thank you to everyone who helps keep me positive with your words of encouragement. It makes me feel like I’m not alone in this fight, and it means the world to me. Much love to you all!
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Sharp & Sugar Tooth (Women Up to No Good) – Horror Anthology .. #SharpSugarTooth #NetGalley #BookReview - July 10, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review :|: Aftermath of an Industrial Accident: Stories by Mike Allen .. #BookReview #MikeAllen #NetGalley #Horror #AftermathofanIndustrialAccident - July 6, 2020
- Everything Coming to Hulu in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Hulu #Streaming #IntotheDark #PalmSprings #AndySamberg - June 30, 2020
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #DisneyPlus #Streaming #Hamilton #Beyonce #Muppets #StarWars - June 29, 2020
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Streaming #Netflix #UmbrellaAcademy - June 28, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky .. #BookReview #ImaginaryFriend #StephenChbosky #NetGalley - June 26, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Bad Parts by Brandon McNulty .. #BookReview #BadParts #BrandonMcNulty #NetGalley #Horror - June 19, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Hangman (2017) .. #MovieReviews #Hangman #AlPacino #KarlUrban #BrittanySnow #SarahShahi - June 15, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Possession by Michael Rutger .. #ThePossession #NetGalley #BookReview - June 12, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Warehouse by Rob Hart .. #TheWarehouse #NetGalley #BookReview - June 5, 2020