It’s been two weeks today since I had the surgery to remove my cancer. I had a full hysterectomy, including the removal of the cervix, ovaries, and several lymph nodes. There was a complication during the surgery that caused me to get torn up quite a bit, and left me very sore after the surgery.
Yesterday I went in for my first follow-up, and after my doc examined my incisions and lacerations, said it looked like I was healing well. That was the good news.
The bad news is that after they removed everything during the surgery, they sent it off to be tested and it seems the cancer had spread a bit. Doc said that puts me at Stage II cancer.
She’s pretty sure it was still contained within the parts they took out, but just to be sure, she said she wants me to undergo two weeks of daily radiation treatments, and possibly chemo.
So it looks like the fight isn’t over yet.
I go back in two weeks, to give me a chance to heal a little more from the surgery, and it’s then that we’ll map out our battle plan for the next round of treatment. Hopefully there will be no chemo. Not particularily looking forward to radiation, but chemo is way more harsh on the body.
Most likely the radiation will be external treatments, localized to the areas the cancer was in…meaning my entire abdomen. Side effects range from nausea and diarrhea to loss of hair in the area and red, dry, tender skin. Not to mention fatigue.
But for the next few weeks, I’m just going to try and put it out of my mind and do things as normal. And when it comes time for treatment, I’ll just have to put on my big girl panties and do what I have to so I can stay alive, no matter how much it scares me.
It’s times like this I just get so tired of fighting. I just don’t have a choice.
Thanks to all who’ve been supporting me through all this. Your words of encouragement help keep me in the fight, and keep me positive about everything. Thanks to Carol for taking me to all of my appointments and holding my hand before and after the surgery. Thanks to Rhonda for being there on a daily basis making sure I don’t freak out…too much.
I have to believe I will come out of this and I will beat this cancer. I have to.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021