As some of you may know, I am a couponer. I spend an hour or two every week matching up sale prices to coupons in an effort to be able to eat well without spending a lot of money.
Last week, I had an awesome trip to Target, where I managed to spend $20.55 for $60.86 worth of groceries. That’s a savings of 66%!
Here’s the breakdown of my shopping trip:
- 2 boxes of GoGo Squeeze fruit pouches – on sale 2/$4 or $2 each
- 2 boxes of Smuckers Fruit-Fulls fruit pouches – normally $3.99 a box, but used 40% Cartwheel discount and $1.50 off coupon on each bringing them down to 89 cents a box
- 4 8oz containers of Market Pantry cream cheese and 2 bags Market Pantry bagels – Cream cheese on sale for $1.99 (savings of $1.29), plus buy 2 cream cheese get one free bag bagels, plus 10% Cartwheel discount of cream cheese for a total of $6.16 for all 6 items
- 4 Pillsbury refrigerated Pumpkin Cookies – normally $3 each, on sale for $1.75 each, plus buy 3 get 1 free promotion, plus 1 Target store coupon for $1.50 off/2, plus 2 $1 off manufacturer coupons for a total of $2.75 for all 4 packages (less than the price of one normally)
- 4 boxes GoPicnic breakfast meals – $3 each, used 4 $2.99 manufactuer coupons for a total of 4 cents paid out
- 6 large bags of M&Ms – on sale for $2.89 each, plus in-store promotion of buy 2 get 1 free, plus 2 $1 off/2 Target store coupon, plus 2 $1.50 manufacturer coupons, plus 10% Cartwheel discount for a total of $5.40 for all six bags.
Grand total: $20.13 + tax = $20.55
So for all of you who think coupons are a waste of time or are too much work, wouldn’t you rather have that $40 saved in your pocket?
Any of my readers out there coupon and match to sales? Don’t you feel a sense of accomplishment when you walk away with savings like this? If you need help with couponing, post your questions in the comments below, and I’ll do my best to answer.
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Sharp & Sugar Tooth (Women Up to No Good) – Horror Anthology .. #SharpSugarTooth #NetGalley #BookReview - July 10, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review :|: Aftermath of an Industrial Accident: Stories by Mike Allen .. #BookReview #MikeAllen #NetGalley #Horror #AftermathofanIndustrialAccident - July 6, 2020
- Everything Coming to Hulu in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Hulu #Streaming #IntotheDark #PalmSprings #AndySamberg - June 30, 2020
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #DisneyPlus #Streaming #Hamilton #Beyonce #Muppets #StarWars - June 29, 2020
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Streaming #Netflix #UmbrellaAcademy - June 28, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky .. #BookReview #ImaginaryFriend #StephenChbosky #NetGalley - June 26, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Bad Parts by Brandon McNulty .. #BookReview #BadParts #BrandonMcNulty #NetGalley #Horror - June 19, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Hangman (2017) .. #MovieReviews #Hangman #AlPacino #KarlUrban #BrittanySnow #SarahShahi - June 15, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Possession by Michael Rutger .. #ThePossession #NetGalley #BookReview - June 12, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Warehouse by Rob Hart .. #TheWarehouse #NetGalley #BookReview - June 5, 2020