This week there was a changeover with the doctors at my cancer treatment facility. I had the option of going with the doctors to their new practice, which would interrupt my treatment schedule, or I could stay at the facility and get new doctors treating me.
Since most of my daily treatments involve the staff and nurses, and not the doctors, I opted to stay with the facility, with people that I knew and felt comfortable with.
Yesterday I met with one of my two new doctors, and in discussing my treatment plan I was informed that they would be adding on a different treatment when I was done with the external radiation.
Apparently the two doctors, in going over my chart, decided that because I was stage 2 uterine and cervical cancer, it would be in my best interest to also do internal radiation treatments for a few days.
About a week after I finish the external, I’ll start the internal, which is called vaginal brachytherapy. It involves a cylinder containing radioactive pellets being placed inside me to make sure they kill any possible cancer cells in what’s left of my reproductive system. I’ll be having the High Dose Rate version (HDR).
Unfortunately the side effects of this treatment are a little worse than external, and can include internal scarring and pain, along with temporary low blood cell counts, which can amplify the fatigue I’m already feeling from the external therapy.
But it’ll only be a few more days, and if going through this means a lower chance that the cancer will come back, I’m going to suck it up and do it.
Looks like the fight got extended, but I’m still staying on my target to be cancer-free by the end of the year.
Positive thoughts and prayers would be most welcome.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021