As of today, I am half way through the radiation treatments for my cancer. 15 down, 14 to go.
I would’ve marked #16 today, but my radiation clinic is changing out doctors, so all patients got the day off yesterday (Monday) while the new docs acclimated themselves to the staff and such.
The treatments are going better than I expected. The worst of the side effects have been constant fatigue and mild intestinal distress. Of course, as the radiation builds up in my system, that will get worse. But for now it’s manageable.
Also had a visit with my cancer doc who says my sutures are finally almost completely healed, and my incisions are healing nicely. I may have little to no scarring from those over time.
Not that I’m going to be flaunting my abs anytime soon, but good to know.
On the downside, the fatigue from the radiation has made me less active, which has made my blood sugar numbers on the high side. So I’m trying to drag my ass into walking or doing something physical for at least a half hour before collapsing for a nap on the couch after treatment. It’s hard because by fatigue, I don’t just mean tired. I mean I have no energy whatsoever in my muscles, so it feels like I’m literally dragging. That in turn makes my heart work harder, and I have to watch that because of the pinched artery.
But if I can keep the balancing act of keeping all my ailments in check for another 2 or so weeks, I should be good. My last radiation treatment is scheduled for November 4.
Thanks again to everyone for your support. Cancer is never an easy thing to deal with and not all days are good. But knowing I’m not alone in the fight means the world to me.
15 down, 14 to go…
- Everything Coming to Hulu in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Hulu #Streaming #IntotheDark #PalmSprings #AndySamberg - June 30, 2020
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #DisneyPlus #Streaming #Hamilton #Beyonce #Muppets #StarWars - June 29, 2020
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for July 2020 (w/Trailers) .. #Streaming #Netflix #UmbrellaAcademy - June 28, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky .. #BookReview #ImaginaryFriend #StephenChbosky #NetGalley - June 26, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: Bad Parts by Brandon McNulty .. #BookReview #BadParts #BrandonMcNulty #NetGalley #Horror - June 19, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Hangman (2017) .. #MovieReviews #Hangman #AlPacino #KarlUrban #BrittanySnow #SarahShahi - June 15, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Possession by Michael Rutger .. #ThePossession #NetGalley #BookReview - June 12, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Book Review: The Warehouse by Rob Hart .. #TheWarehouse #NetGalley #BookReview - June 5, 2020
- Zengrrl’s Movie Reviews: Code 8 (2019) .. #MovieReviews #Code8 #RobbieAmell #StephenAmell #SungKang - June 1, 2020
- Movie Review: The Lovebirds (2020) Deftly Combines Laughter and Adventure into this Smart Rom-Com .. #TheLovebirds #Netflix @IssaRae @Kumailn - May 29, 2020