On Thanksgiving, it’s traditional to look at your life and share all the things you’re thankful for. So in the interest of tradition, here’s my attempt to count my blessings.
There’s no doubt this has been a rough year for me, but I actually have so much to be thankful for.
I am thankful that I am able to have a roof over my head, and food in my belly. Many people do not have this.
I am thankful that my writing allows me to have experiences I might not otherwise be able to do.
I am thankful for all of my friends who helped give me strength through my recent cancer fight. Your words of encouragement and love really got me through a few rough patches.
I am thankful my friend Carol was available and willing to get me to my cancer treatments. And to Bette and George for getting me there when she wasn’t available. Without them, it would’ve been very hard for me to kick cancer’s ass.
I am thankful that I live in an age where medical treatments exist to treat cancer with minimal side effects.
I am thankful my cancer was caught before it spread to my lymph nodes, where it would’ve been harder to treat.
I am thankful all the medicine exists to treat my MS, heart, and cancer issues, keeping me alive.
I am thankful to the nursing and tech staff at Florida Hospital Cancer Institute Kissimmee – Radiation Therapy and the Florida Hospital Cancer Institute Orlando. It wasn’t pleasant to undergo the daily treatments, but they put me at ease and made the treatments go as easy and fast as possible. That made dealing with everything so much easier on me mentally and physically.
I am thankful to my two oncologists, Dr. Brudie and Dr Saigal, for their care throughout my treatments. They did a lot to address my concerns and make me more confortable with the course of care chosen to deal with my cancer. I would highly recommend both of them.
Finally, I am thankful for my best friend Rhonda, who has been like a sister to me for 26 years. She’s had to deal with my daily issues from fighting the cancer and she’s helped keep me positive and helped care for me on days when it got too much.
Yeah, I know most of those had to do with my cancer, but I’ve been fighting it all year and I’ve thankfully ended my treatments right before Thanksgiving. Hopefully next year, my thankful list will be full of travel and fun.
So what are you thankful for this year? Either let me know in comments or drop me a link to what you’ve already written and I’ll come check it out.
Ok…so who’s ready for some Black Friday shopping? LOL
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on IMDbTV for Halloween 2021 .. #IMDbTV #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 30, 2021
- My Top Picks for Free Horror Streaming on Tubi for Halloween 2021 .. #Tubi #TerrorOnTubi #Halloween #Horror #FreeMovies - October 29, 2021