I love living in Orlando because there are always so many interesting things to do. A few days ago, website Yelp hosted a social get-together called “Yelp at the Museum” at the Orlando Science Center, and I was one of the ones chosen to attend from all the Yelpers who RSVP’d.
My blogger friend Diana and her husband Ben let me catch a ride there and back with them, and we reached the OSC just as the event started…and it was already packed.
There were stations throughout the venue where local restaurants offered samples, and I set out to try restaurants I hadn’t yet visited. Ok, so I did make a pit stop at the American Q table, but they had Swine Candy samples (bacon roasted with maple syrup and spices), and you just don’t pass up bacon.
I also tried housemade kielbasa from Smiling Bison, the Hard Rock Cafe‘s award-winning mac&cheese, and a burger from Burger Fi (they had run out of onion rings two people before me. Bummer.). For sweets, I tried Jeremiah’s Italian Ice in Pina Colada, which was super yummy and had actual coconut and pineapple pieces.
The alcohol booths had the longest lines – the Tito’s one had a half-hour wait in line. But I did get to try Gingerland (a gingerbread flavored beer) from Harpoon brewery, and a Rhubarb wine from Cooper’s Hawk Winery.
Besides food and drink, there were local attractions and entertainment, like Medieval Times, Rock Hard Revue, and The Henna Studio.
It was a fun evening, and even though I wandered around solo, I still popped in the Snap! Studio photo booth for some fun pictures with an OSC resident:
Thanks to Andi and Yelp for such a fun evening! Let’s do it again sometime.
- Walmart Black Friday Deal: Gourmia Toaster Oven Air Fryer for Only $50 This Week! - November 15, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Bodies Bodies Bodies’ (2022) - August 11, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: ‘Nope’ (2022) .. #NopeMovie #MovieReview #Horror - July 21, 2022
- Almost there… - July 18, 2022
- Transmissions About to Restart - March 30, 2022
- Disney and Pixar’s ‘Turning Red’ To Skip Theaters for Disney+ - January 7, 2022
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: Super Hot (2021) .. #SuperHot #HorrorComedy #Vampires #MovieReview - November 9, 2021
- Zengrrl’s First Episode Review: Yellowjackets on Showtime .. #Yellowjackets #Showtime #Horror #Thriller - November 8, 2021
- Zengrrl’s Movie Review: The Harder They Fall (2021) .. #TheHarderTheyFall #Netflix #WesternMovies #MovieReviews - November 3, 2021
- Streaming On: Netflix in November 2021 .. #Netflix #Streaming #RedNotice #TheHarderTheyFall, #CowboyBebop - November 1, 2021
Tagged: blogger life, Harpoon Brewery, Orlando Science Center, Smiling Bison, Yelp at the Museum
Love visiting local museums! I wonder if YELP has events in my area? Checking it out.
Taralyn Parker wrote this post…New Years Eve Interviews
This sounds like it was so much fun. I wish I could have attended.
Giveaways 4 Mom wrote this post…Look Spectacular on NYE with Rent the Runway
How fun. I review for Yelp but never seem to know about these events. That said they always look so fun to attend.
becca wrote this post…Saturday Roundup 12–20-14
Looks like a great time. I will put it on my list next time I am that way.
Debbie wrote this post…BabyNames.com Announces the Top Baby Names of 2014!
I’ve been to the Orlando Science Center and it’s a great place! Looks like a fun event! My husband would kill for homemade kielbasa.
Joanne wrote this post…Instagram Success For Bloggers + Business Owners
What a fun night! The museum looks like the perfect event venue and there were some good restaurants represented. I would have parked myself at the American Q table and ate swine candy all night long! That stuff is addictive!
Christina Thomas wrote this post…Cupcake Craze Alive and Well with Jillycakes Orlando