This week I saw several of my doctors, finishing up with a visit with my cancer doc. After a quick exam to check out something my radiologist had found a month ago (which turned out to be scar tissue), the doc said she was giving me the all-clear.
I AM OFFICIALLY CANCER FREE!!!
It’s been almost a year that I’ve been fighting the Big C, but I’m happy to say that as of now, I have kicked it’s ass. I still have to stay vigilant, because this cancer has a higher risk of return, but for now, I’m claiming this as a victory.
While I think a positive attitude, and the love and support of friends had a lot to do with this, I was also fortunate to have some real cancer-fighting badasses in my corner.
My main cancer doc is Lorna A. Brudie, DO, at Florida Hospital’s Cancer Center, and she is awesome! Very up front, answered all my questions, and made me feel comfortable with all of my treatments. From her official page at the hospital’s cancer center: She is board certified in gynecologic oncology and obstetrics and gynecology, and is an accomplished practitioner and researcher in the field of advanced robotic surgery and endometrial cancer staging.
I couldn’t have had a better person handling my robotic surgery and my follow-up care. She’s still in my corner, making sure the cancer doesn’t come back, but I owe a lot of my ability to beat this to her.
My main radiologist is Dr Kunal Saigal, MD, also at Florida Hospital’s Cancer Center. He was wonderful at addressing my concerns with both the external and internal radiation therapies I went through. He came in a few weeks into my external treatment, but quickly got up to speed, and guided me through both sets of treatment. I’m glad he ended up on my team, too.
I also need to thank the awesome team at Florida Hospital Cancer Institute in Kissimmee. For 5 1/2 weeks, I had external radiation treatments for 15-20 minutes daily Monday through Friday. The staff made this treatment almost easy. Big thanks to Nurse Mel, Melodee, Melinda, Christy, and Nathan for being the radiation rock stars that they are!
It took an army to get me cancer free, and I’m thankful to all of these wonderful people for being in my corner.
I still have other health concerns to deal with, but for now, I’m crossing cancer off that list.
- All the #Netflix Additions and Departures for November 2018 - November 1, 2018
- Teen and Family Friendly Horror to Stream for Halloween 2018 - October 30, 2018
- My Picks for Horror Worth Streaming for Halloween 2018 - October 29, 2018
- Living with MS: The Unexpected Hiatus - October 15, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime in August 2018! - July 31, 2018
- All the Netflix Additions and Departures for August 2018 - July 30, 2018
- Cunard Announces Cruise Sale with Up to 50% Off - July 25, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Resort in Cocoa Beach, Florida - July 20, 2018
- Amazon Reveals Back-To-School and Off-To-College Deals for Prime Day #amazonprimeday - July 15, 2018
- What You Need to Know to Make the Most of Amazon Prime Day 2018 #amazonprimeday - July 14, 2018