This week I saw several of my doctors, finishing up with a visit with my cancer doc. After a quick exam to check out something my radiologist had found a month ago (which turned out to be scar tissue), the doc said she was giving me the all-clear.
I AM OFFICIALLY CANCER FREE!!!
It’s been almost a year that I’ve been fighting the Big C, but I’m happy to say that as of now, I have kicked it’s ass. I still have to stay vigilant, because this cancer has a higher risk of return, but for now, I’m claiming this as a victory.
While I think a positive attitude, and the love and support of friends had a lot to do with this, I was also fortunate to have some real cancer-fighting badasses in my corner.
My main cancer doc is Lorna A. Brudie, DO, at Florida Hospital’s Cancer Center, and she is awesome! Very up front, answered all my questions, and made me feel comfortable with all of my treatments. From her official page at the hospital’s cancer center: She is board certified in gynecologic oncology and obstetrics and gynecology, and is an accomplished practitioner and researcher in the field of advanced robotic surgery and endometrial cancer staging.
I couldn’t have had a better person handling my robotic surgery and my follow-up care. She’s still in my corner, making sure the cancer doesn’t come back, but I owe a lot of my ability to beat this to her.
My main radiologist is Dr Kunal Saigal, MD, also at Florida Hospital’s Cancer Center. He was wonderful at addressing my concerns with both the external and internal radiation therapies I went through. He came in a few weeks into my external treatment, but quickly got up to speed, and guided me through both sets of treatment. I’m glad he ended up on my team, too.
I also need to thank the awesome team at Florida Hospital Cancer Institute in Kissimmee. For 5 1/2 weeks, I had external radiation treatments for 15-20 minutes daily Monday through Friday. The staff made this treatment almost easy. Big thanks to Nurse Mel, Melodee, Melinda, Christy, and Nathan for being the radiation rock stars that they are!
It took an army to get me cancer free, and I’m thankful to all of these wonderful people for being in my corner.
I still have other health concerns to deal with, but for now, I’m crossing cancer off that list.
- Movie Review: Marvel’s Black Panther Hits All the Right Notes - February 17, 2018
- Thor: Ragnarok Thunders Into Homes on Digital Feb 20 & Blu-ray March 6 - February 13, 2018
- Disney Pixar’s COCO Comes Home on Digital Feb 13 & Blu-ray Feb 27 - February 6, 2018
- All the New Offerings from #Hulu for February 2018 - February 2, 2018
- Everything Coming to #AmazonPrime February 2018 - February 1, 2018
- All the #Netflix February 2018 Additions and Departures - January 31, 2018
- Kat Von D Beauty Launches 40 New Shades of Vegan #StuddedKiss Lipsticks #KatVonDBeauty - January 23, 2018
- Travel Thursday: Rocky Mountains, Colorado - January 18, 2018
- A Look at the Entire Walt Disney Studios Movie Schedule for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Marvel Releases Two New Black Panther Featurettes - January 13, 2018